Rebuilt Transmission vendor needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1973Guppie

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.noahsarkstlc.com
Looking for reccomendations on shops that sell rebuilt transmissions. I would prefer a shop in the southern california area so I could just pick it up and not deal with shipping costs. I will however look at a shop in other states if it comes well reccomended. I am looking for reputable shop that does good solid work and that people have had good dealings with. I am specifically looking for an early style NV4500 lower geared rebuilt tranny. I found a few shops on ebay: phoenix remanufactured transmissions, Man-trans, anyone use either of these guys before?

Thanks,

Noah

While I can't answer your question specifically, my suggestion would be to call up some of your bigger local four-wheeling shops and gather their opinions. Also hit up your preferred automotive shop--if you should have one.

I had to do this several years ago while stationed out at Camp Pendleton, CA. I got 4 different referrals to a rinky-dink little tranny shop that is buried in the dark side of Escondido. If I hadn't gotten directions from the owner/operator of the shop, I never would have found it. But, he fixed me right up, charged reasonably, and, most importantly, I put ~85,000 trouble-free miles on the tranny before selling the vehicle.

Hope that helps...at least a lil ;)

eeesshh...

Unfortunately, that was about 11 years ago. :-[

Not only do I not remember the shop's name (and the reciept for tranny went with the truck when I got rid of it ~3 years ago), but I can't tell you where it was at. Must be that blond, senile, alzheimer's kicking in....heh :p

You might try these guys.  It is a bit of a ride from SD, but they are good.

Stick Only Transmissions
9900 Glenoaks Blvd. Suite 2
Sun Valley, CA 91352
818 768-4747
800 225-8824
They were very good to deal with and helpful over the phone.

call your local racing supply shop....or a local race team. The little dinky dirty dive shops are usually the best pricing and those guys know how to assemble trannies with their eyes closed in the dark during a sandstorm while standing on their head...and get them to last forever. The local race guys all have their favorites...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom