Rebuilding Clutch? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Reedo311

SILVER Star
Threads
Has anyone had experience rebuilding the clutch master and slave cylinders? I have been having trouble shifting so I thought I would try it and didn't seem to do a damn thing. I have checked the blue shift seat. Does rebuilding the cylinders actually work or would I be better off getting new ones?

have you tried going through the gears with the cruiser stationary, motor running and clutch in. if it's hard to get the gears in then it's a clutch probem, if it's not, then it's the gearbox. (just to clarify)

you can pump the clutch a few times, then check every part of it for fluid leaks. as long as it's sealed, it should be good

assuming you rebuilt the cylinders and adjusted everything properly, it should be right as rain for a few more years. Depending on the condition of the cylinders to begin with, buying new ones won't always leave you better off. having said that, often replacing the slave cylinder is a must, as 20 years of crap has settled in it (being the lowest part of the system), and caused it to rust up

Reedo311 said:
I have checked the blue shift seat.

Checked or changed? If your's is in bad shape all the plastic may be gone and it might actually "look" good but be worn out.

I have checked the blues seat and it is brand new the prev. owner must have put one in. When the engine is running and clutch in I cant get it to shift gears. Especially reverse. I have pumped it and can't seem to find a leak anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom