Rear Wind Deflector (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Mine had a tangle with a kayak on the roof when I opened the lift gate like an idiot. Anyone have one that they don't want or have any luck finding this part? Everywhere I look online says that the part is discontinued. I'm talking about the black plastic wind deflector, not the whale tail style spoiler. If I can't find one I'll remove the brackets and fill in the holes as many others have done, but I'd prefer to replace it if possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

When we purchased my son's LC, the deflector was broken off by the PO, just the remains of the pedestals were left.

For some strange reason I felt the need to fix it. Paid the dealer stupid money for a flimsy piece of plastic.

Here are a few places you might look:

We eventually pulled the deflector off of my son's vehicle and replaced it with (4) M6 x 1.0 x 10mm screws (along w/ some silicone sealant), We planned to use some of the Labrak brackets. We have the brackets, haven't bothered to mount them yet.

upload_2017-1-12_14-0-10-png.1381090

upload_2017-7-12_9-22-26.png

I've seen these port/dealer installed spoilers mounted 2 different ways.
1) with rivnuts and M6 x1.0 bolts
2) with sheet metal screws
upload_2017-7-12_9-19-35.png

i'd like to know this as well, i feel like my LX has plumbers crack or something, just feels naked without having a deflector of sorts back there, alot of the color match ones i'm finding on amazon and ebay are huge god awful things...imo, no offense if your rocking one of those, lol, just not my deal, this looks like a good option...just kinda hard to spend $250 on a used part like that, thanks for the links and part number JLB, i'll see if i can find one somewhere else...cheaper..at least until i can't stand it anymore, then i might just buy a used one for $250, lol. thanks again!

The Toyota dealership in SF has the deflector for $18.00. Cruiserparts wanta $450 for a piece of plastic? Holy s***.
i'd like to know this as well, i feel like my LX has plumbers crack or something, just feels naked without having a deflector of sorts back there, alot of the color match ones i'm finding on amazon and ebay are huge god awful things...imo, no offense if your rocking one of those, lol, just not my deal, this looks like a good option...just kinda hard to spend $250 on a used part like that, thanks for the links and part number JLB, i'll see if i can find one somewhere else...cheaper..at least until i can't stand it anymore, then i might just buy a used one for $250, lol. thanks again!

Ooops. Forgot the link.

2002 Toyota Land Cruiser Installation Kit. Rear Wind Deflector. Exterior, Template - PT73860013 | San Francisco Toyota, San Francisco CA

I have one you can have. BUT - both lower captive nut holders of the plastic were broken when I removed it. Other than that, it is perfect. This is the wing only. Both legs were broken as well during removal. I think there is still enough meat of the plastic to epoxy new captive nuts on. Hopefully you still have the old ones? I'll attach a couple of pics.

Pics:
20180624_114238_resized.jpg
20180624_114050(0)_resized.jpg
20180624_114200_resized.jpg

If I'm reading the description correctly, that appears to be the installation template for the deflector, not the deflector itself.
Eff me. Ooops. Nevermind. Still blown away they want $450 for one of these.

I paid the $450 for the used part, and it blew off on the freeway after 2 weeks. Obviously the plastic is old and has been in sun for years, so not worth buying used.

Ouch!

That cruiserparts winddefector is $600 now 🙄

I still have this deflector shown above in post 9. Anyone who wants it can have it free of charge but you pay shipping.
First pm gets it.

I wish I could figure out how to fix that hole for the bolt. Since that's broken, it looks like a gonner.

Someone here was looking for the hardware for a 100 series rear wind deflector yesterday. But all the posts seem to have vanished.

Once I get my deflector from vegas I can send them to you.

Someone here was looking for the hardware for a 100 series rear wind deflector yesterday. But all the posts seem to have vanished.

Once I get my deflector from vegas I can send them to you.
If you mean the brackets that mount to the hatch, it was me. Hope so at least. And not sure what happened to the post. Standing by. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom