Rear "sub". Has anyone put a full range speaker back there instead? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just trying to think of *some* use for that thing other than decoration or paperweight. I already have a basslink back there, so I don't need more bass.

I thought about just putting a full range/mid range speaker back there to get some extra sound from the rear. Thoughts?

Last edited:
I did and could not tell from the front seat.
I could hear it from the 2nd row but I never sit back there.
If you are looking for bass you will not be able to tell.
Does not hurt though.

I can't see any reason for it. You won't bell able to even tell it is there unless amplified, and I'm guessing not since you have the Link

Thanks for the replies.

Sounds like I might do it if I have an extra speaker lying around just for the back seat passengers enjoyment (I do some people hauling from time to time)...wasn't expecting miracles, but glad to see that some of tried.

Did you simply drop in a component speaker in the exact location of the stock sub using the stock wire and 'amp' ?

you can give it a shot, but I believe that there is a filter on the line that cuts off any highs or mids going to the sub. That is if you are still running it through the stock setup.

I believe that is going to be a single channel low freq feed, not sure what you are trying to accomplish with a mid range speaker??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom