rear steer?'s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
this may be the most idiotic idea ever, i'm really not sure.... but would a front fj60 or 40 axle work as a rear steering axle? first of all is a built (30 spline longfields etc.) landcruiser front stronger or weaker than the rear axle, or is it about the same? can you flip it around so that the pinion is in the right place and it still work ok? and would it be necessary to cut and turn the knuckles to adjust the caster angle?

It can be done, Wayne at Up and Over Innovations here in PA runs one like that in his comp rock buggy I know one of his axles is a flipped mini truck axle and the other is from an 80, also flipped. I can't remember which one he is running in the rear tho. I'll ask and post back up.

What are you planning to run it in? His buggy is light!

I've seen it done in a FJ40 using a 40 front axle. If you had Longfields and restricted how sharp it turns I'd think you'd be fine. Unless you modify your spring width and body tub your steering angles would have to be limited anyway.

I've only ever heard of people breaking Birthfields when the wheels are near full lock.

my .02

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom