Rear pinion flange angle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Who can give me a angle sitting in level ground what a stock or mildly lifted rear pinion angle is. Kind of like this.

20180521_154758.jpg

Here’s what I have on the Toyota’s, none have double cardon joints on the rear shafts.

88 4Runner - 14 degrees with clapped out stock springs.

89 Pickup - 6 degrees with stock springs and lots of highway miles.

16 4Runner - 3 degrees with link suspension

Here’s what I have on the Toyota’s, none have double cardon joints on the rear shafts.

88 4Runner - 14 degrees with clapped out stock springs.

89 Pickup - 6 degrees with stock springs and lots of highway miles.

16 4Runner - 3 degrees with link suspension
So it'
All over the place. I think I'm about 18* on the 4runner. But it's parked on a hill. 15 might be a better angle for me.

You should match the angle of the flange on your tcase if you have a standard drive shaft - or a few degrees lower to account for axle wrap

If you have a double joint at the top, you should angle it so the pinion is in line with the driveshaft - and slightly lower to account for axle wrap.

You should match the angle of the flange on your tcase if you have a standard drive shaft - or a few degrees lower to account for axle wrap

If you have a double joint at the top, you should angle it so the pinion is in line with the driveshaft - and slightly lower to account for axle wrap.

Yeah, it's worth the time to set the axle under the truck with the spring perches set on the axle, the u-bolts loosely attached and the full weight of the truck on both axles, so you can rotate the pinion to the proper angle. I did this wrong the first time and had to redo it due to excessive vibration as a result of the pinion angle being too steep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom