Rear drawer anchor points? Heritage w no 3rd row seats. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking at rear drawers. Pretty much settled on ARB with dual sliding tops. Not an overland build. Just to keep my tools someplace that I don’t have to unload frequently and add more things now that I have a LC again. (compressor, recovery stuff, etc.). I think I read the anchor points are related to the mounts for the 3rd row seat hardware. And... I don’t have a 3rd row.
The question... can the ARB drawers mount to the factory tie down bolts? I pulled the carpet... there is some plastic molding and a bit of wiring in the body recesses that I have no idea what’s up with that. I would feel a little better about ordering the drawers if I can use the tie down bolts. Thanks for any help.

EBAD97D2-C0B7-4F05-9894-14282FF190C0.jpeg

8A5AA5DD-7C58-4B34-B358-0953D5C1EAC0.jpeg

73409089-343E-4503-A7C6-D67E4357C865.jpeg

443DED9B-1F79-41DF-9BD6-8C45FAB41C0B.jpeg

D942E323-3D35-4B32-9329-921EFCEE38C0.jpeg

I've been wondering the same as I also recently purchased a 2020 Heritage Edition (also in white, by the way). I'm also considering getting a drawer unit and was wondering what mounting method is used.

As I remember it the cargo anchors are only four m6 bolts (one each) while the seat mounting hardware is something like 8 or 12 m10 and couple m8 thrown in.
That said, I’ve never actually seen what or how many of the third row bolts people use for their drawers, just giving you an idea of what is available on those base models.
If all you expect out of the mounting hardware is to keep it from jumping around over bumps I’d think the m6 could get the job done. But if we are talking damage control in he event of a crash.. my gut says m6 isn’t enough beef.

Just occurred to me.. tons of builds in Australia using these drawers. Are many of those three rows or two? Might be worth seeing what they are doing down there.

Pretty sure the rearward cargo tiedowns are spaced too wide apart for drawer systems. That leaves two smallish tiedown bolts in the front area. I don't think that will work for any significant amount of weight in the drawers.

I haven't pulled up my carpet to see if there are any plugs where seat mounts would be.

One could try calling ARB USA (425) 264-1391 and ask if they know.

Edit: These threads show some mounting point pics to help one look for plugs (if any).
thread 1
thread 2

probably others

Last edited:
Pretty sure the rearward cargo tiedowns are spaced too wide apart for drawer systems. That leaves two smallish tiedown bolts in the front area. I don't think that will work for any significant amount of weight in the drawers.

I haven't pulled up my carpet to see if there are any plugs where seat mounts would be.

One could try calling ARB USA (425) 264-1391 and ask if they know.
Thanks.. worth a call. I wouldn’t think they would change the floorboard just for not having a 3rd row. Should still be something there for the seat attachment hardware.

Thanks.. worth a call. I wouldn’t think they would change the floorboard just for not having a 3rd row. Should still be something there for the seat attachment hardware.
There are brackets sticking off the wheel humps on third row models that they left off HE’s, so there are definitely some differences. It’s also possible the holes are there but the threads weren’t welded in. Either way to use them you’d have to cut up the carpet.

The 3rd row holes are not drilled in the heritage edition. I have a heritage edition and recently installed a trekboxx system. The welded nuts are installed beneath the floor panel, but the holes are not drilled in the panel. It’s weird, I know.

When I installed the trekboxx, I had to drill the holes in the floor panel using a template taken off of a non-heritage which helped in identifying location of the welded nuts beneath the floor panel.

The 3rd row holes are not drilled in the heritage edition. I have a heritage edition and recently installed a trekboxx system. The welded nuts are installed beneath the floor panel, but the holes are not drilled in the panel. It’s weird, I know.

When I installed the trekboxx, I had to drill the holes in the floor panel using a template taken off of a non-heritage which helped in identifying location of the welded nuts beneath the floor panel.
Thank you! I certainly would not want to do anything easy.. I don't suppose you will be in Northern Calif anytime soon with that template? Houston is not that far.
I'll figure something out.. Thanks again!

You're welcome. :p The template was lifted from my 2017. I hope it worked perfectly.

Thank you! I certainly would not want to do anything easy.. I don't suppose you will be in Northern Calif anytime soon with that template? Houston is not that far.
I'll figure something out.. Thanks again!

One of the big challenges in Land Cruiser land is that there is some tolerance differences in mounting locations so one truck to another may be slightly different.

I would think ARB would support their product in terms of supplying templates and information. I'm not aware of a Heritage Edition in AU but they certainly offer the 200 without a third row.

Then again you could buy a TrekBoxX Bravo drawer system and they will install it for you - shop is in the Sacramento region. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom