rear disc for my 55 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, there i have recently done a rear disc convertion to my fj55 ,
idea it was to follow the steps that most of you, going chevy calipers and rotor discs , but unfortunatly, here in costa rica does calipers are kind a hard to find, so i chosse the follow set up:

toyota starlet 87 calipers
and used Izuzu Tropper rotor disc

if someone with have experience this kind of setup is the past i will a preciate the feed back

Last edited:
I imagine you will have to deal with all the problems we have to deal with when using the GM parts.
(a) you need enough master cylinder piston size to operate the disc.
(b) you will need a proportioning valve.
(c) you will need a 2lbs. residual valve.

that is very usifull information, i install yesterday the proportioning valve, i will test the brakes tomorrow, and i hope that the setup work
thanks for the advice

Nicely done!
are the calipers smaller than the GM metric calipers? if so, they may need less proportioning if at all.
Do you ahve pictures of the bracket and how it mounts?
PMK

Hi , well unfortunaly i dont have the bore masures of the GM calipers , they certenly looks a little small than the GM, i have chosen does becose y have seen that already installed on a landcruiser with 35inch tires from a frien of nine and they are working just fine. this weeken i going to test then and see what happens ... here is a pick of the brakets they are all hand made on my back yard
View attachment 182621
does are attached right in front , almost the same way like drum brake are attached

Last edited:
sendme an email and iwill send you a better pic i just have a liittle issues drilling the holes (burn out the drill) i make a drawing on the computer and post it
View attachment 182624

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom