Rear Disc Conversion on '92? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My FJ80 1992 is terrible to get stopped. The front is all new, so I think the only option for better stopping power is discs in the rear. I have seen a bracket kit on ebay for a FJ60, is there a kit to convert the rear to disc on the 80 series? Any help would be great. Thanks

what do you mean by new? calipers? pads?
shouldnt stop that horribly. my 91 stops good after replacing pads and shoes.
need to make sure its bled well.
If i was going to change the rear to disk, id look for a full floating axle to drop in and get two things upgraded. not sure if itd be worth the money for just the brakes.

Just swap in a '93 and up full floater with disc's. Better yet find one with the factory locker. Then you get everything.

[quote author=BMT link=board=2;threadid=5602;start=msg44235#msg44235 date=1064360811]
Just swap in a '93 and up full floater with disc's. Better yet find one with the factory locker. Then you get everything.
[/quote]
After you sell your soul to find one by itself. :cheers: (ie not attached to rest of cruiser) :doh:

cruiserparts.net has the rear axle for around $1,000.
ifn you took the time to look around could get it cheaper im sure, think DanKunz was sourcing one from somewhere. totalled vehicles are around, so used parts are somewhere. Might make more sense to sell the 92 and buy a 93 or up. did i say that? :slap:

[quote author=BMT link=board=2;threadid=5602;start=msg44235#msg44235 date=1064360811]
[/quote]

Don't you go givin' anything away now!

-H-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom