Rear coil spring spacers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Zooguy

SILVER Star
Threads
Alrighty guys so I'm wanting to !!!!TEMPORARILY !!!!! add a rear coil spring spacer on my 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser.

I'm looking for proper fitment and a lift spacer of 1-in to 1 1/2 in maximum

I have not purchased a lift kit yet. all of the suspension is the factory OE equipment with around 175,000 MI on that. I will be purchasing a lift next year once I have fully outfitted my vehicle and I know what the weight is going to be so I can select the proper spring. Currently the vehicle sits level and doesn't have its natural rake because of the additional weight I have in the rear from my storage system, 7 gal shower system, and battery Bank (3 yellow top Optimas) ... So I'm looking for recommendations of a temporary spacer that will give me around 1-in to 1 1/2 in maximum lift because to the best of my measurements that's how much the rear end is sagging currently.

From looking around on google price points are all over the place for the 30mm
Slee $75
Dobbins $45
Ironman 4x4 $39

What the difference

From looking around on google price points are all over the place for the 30mm
Slee $75
Dobbins $45
Ironman 4x4 $39

What the difference
Slee is $75 for a PAIR, whereas the Dobbinson and Ironman are $45 and $35 for a SINGLE spacer.

I'd be more inclined to install air bags for their adjust-ability.

Man for $75, why not just go ahead and spend $150 on rear coils? You already have way too much stuff for stock rear springs. Not only will a higher rate provide more "lift" but it will not sag as much when loaded down.

Man for $75, why not just go ahead and spend $150 on rear coils? You already have way too much stuff for stock rear springs. Not only will a higher rate provide more "lift" but it will not sag as much when loaded down.
He’s properly following Slee’s (and others’) sound advice to the T:
I will be purchasing a lift next year once I have fully outfitted my vehicle and I know what the weight is going to be so I can select the proper spring.

You need new springs, not a spacer. Simply buy the "heavy" OME springs at your desired lift. They have a 1-1.5" spring and a 2-2.5" spring. You already know you'll need the heavy spring. Just get it now.

The spacer is a half measure that barely solves anything in your case.

I think that applies when people buy a stock vehicle and aren't sure if they're adding an extra 50 lbs or 500 lbs. This guy's got a storage system full of gear, 3 batteries, etc... enough to lower the vehicle an inch. Sounds like there's more coming, too. I'd just go for the heavy spring and re-adjust later if needed. The spacers will keep the current OE spring rate, which we already know is wrong since it's sagging so much. I think you might as well take a shot at getting it right in one shot as opposed to putting effort into something that only solves an aesthetic problem, while leaving an improper spring rate. 🤷

What others? Slee isn't the end all be all. I went down this road. Once you have 3 batteries, a storage system, a shower, etc. you have graduated beyond stock rear coils. Fork up and do it right. And if OP gets a rear bumper in the future and need to go heavier, then sell the heavy's for some 2864 or something. In my opinion, OP, 2866 will be perfect for you. I ran those for a long time, lots of spring rate, not a ton of lift. Once I got my rear bumper I sold those for $100, and paid $150 for some 2863's.

Suspension is about functionality not height. More spring rate is necessary here.

What others? Slee isn't the end all be all. I went down this road. Once you have 3 batteries, a storage system, a shower, etc. you have graduated beyond stock rear coils. Fork up and do it right. And if OP gets a rear bumper in the future and need to go heavier, then sell the heavy's for some 2864 or something. In my opinion, OP, 2866 will be perfect for you. I ran those for a long time, lots of spring rate, not a ton of lift. Once I got my rear bumper I sold those for $100, and paid $150 for some 2863's.

Suspension is about functionality not height. More spring rate is necessary here.

Stop being a bully.

OP, spacers are great. I have a set on my current softish OME (I think?) springs that my buddy gave me. Now that I'm fully armored and about to be triple locked (not double) I'm about to graduate to a heavier spring that I bought off a shady guy at HIH 9.

Stop being a bully.

OP, spacers are great. I have a set on my current softish OME (I think?) springs that my buddy gave me. Now that I'm fully armored and about to be triple locked (not double) I'm about to graduate to a heavier spring that I bought off a shady guy at HIH 9.
That guy who sold you those 2866 was shady!!!!!

unnamed (7).png

Been running Ironman spacers for 4 years, no issues.

What others? Slee isn't the end all be all.
I didn’t say they were. I was pointing out the FACT that the process OP is taking (not buying a “lift” kit until he’s finished building out the cruiser and knows what load rating he’ll need from springs) is a solid one that follows recommendations from long-time Cruiser experts, and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. Slee’s recommendations ought to carry quite a bit more weight than the opinion of the 100 series bed liner king...Also, I don’t see where OP asked for opinions on whether he should get spacers or coil springs - he knows what he wants and is asking about spacer differences. Let the man do what he wants with his Cruiser.

Spacers are a bandaid and would work for the OP, not sure why he is doing suspension last though.

Don't get me going on people who say "triple locked" haha fight me

I didn’t say they were. I was pointing out the FACT that the process OP is taking (not buying a “lift” kit until he’s finished building out the cruiser and knows what load rating he’ll need from springs) is a solid one that follows recommendations from long-time Cruiser experts, and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. Slee’s recommendations ought to carry quite a bit more weight than the opinion of the 100 series bed liner king...Also, I don’t see where OP asked for opinions on whether he should get spacers or coil springs - he knows what he wants and is asking about spacer differences. Let the man do what he wants with his Cruiser.
Dude take a deep breath. Not sure why the personal attack. Literally everyone else here is giving the same advice as me. Matt is being a troll. You are being a jerk. My honest advice is what I presented.

Last edited:
I like triple locked cruisers, spring spacers, and shady spring deals at HIH.

These are the things that make my life complete.

I like triple locked cruisers, spring spacers, and shady spring deals at HIH.

These are the things that make my life complete.

The "triple locked" king himself...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom