Rear axle. Is it from LJ70 or KZJ70? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there.
I need to order a new axle shaft for my Cruiser.
The problem is that the car has parts from 3 other cars. Dont know for sure where the axles came from.
it is the right rear shaft i need to change.
30 splines, 33mm on the splines.
Is there a good way to know for sure?

Check the years carefully though. It's possible the pre 1989 ones had some differences to the post 1990 ones? A number of changes happened at that time.

Check the years carefully though. It's possible the pre 1989 ones had some differences to the post 1990 ones? A number of changes happened at that time.
Ok! I will. Do you have any idea what I can check to see the differens? I dont know if the axles are from pre 89... :(

@GTSSportCoupe is definately right, sorry about that. I don't know why I assumed you were referring to post 90 models.

The older LJ70 (round headlights) run the rear shocks like the older Hiluxes, that is one shock is attached to the front side of axle and the other shock is attached to the back. Also, they never ran sway bars so there are no mounting tabs under the arms bushes.

What year is yours ? Do you have any photos ?

@GTSSportCoupe is definately right, sorry about that. I don't know why I assumed you were referring to post 90 models.

The older LJ70 (round headlights) run the rear shocks like the older Hiluxes, that is one shock is attached to the front side of axle and the other shock is attached to the back. Also, they never ran sway bars so there are no mounting tabs under the arms bushes.

What year is yours ? Do you have any photos ?
Ok! I have now talked to the guy who built the car 12 years ago. He is quiet sure that the axles are from 90 plus. The ”new” ones because the older ones was weaker. Here are a few photos:
458916E2-2ADC-450B-A6CB-9D0DD818302B.jpeg
026F85A8-F290-4720-8C80-D144D15BD436.jpeg
56C1FB1F-BBC3-48FD-9712-EE2F1D8045C1.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom