Rear Air Bag for 75mm Slinky Suspension? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Read a few posts on this topic, however could not find what would be best for my setup. I'm running the Stage1 75mm (3-inch) intermediate slinky springs with Icon shocks all around. I'm very happy with the stance of my truck, however when I load it up with gear, or towing a small trailer, the rear sags quite a bit, as the Slinky springs tend to be "softer" than others. If I am going with an Air Lift kit, is this the correct one:

Amazon product ASIN B000CFQ32W
Any others with the slinky setup or a similar lift running these air bags or any other brand/leveling solution?

Last edited:
Seems like no one running a 3" Slinky suspension is using air bags. Can some of you with a 3" lift (or height anywhere close to that height), that use an air bags on the rear axle please share the PN of the Airbags you are using along with any feedback on their performance/durability?

I’m running the 3” slinky HDs with the following airlift bags:

Air Lift 1000 Air Suspension Kit 60728​

Working great so far. I did plumb the air lines from the top, opposite of the instructions. Both bags are on a separate regulator connected to an air lift controller:

AIR LIFT 26229 200-psi Dual Needle Air Gauge​

I used a drilled out hockey puck to protect the nipple on the top of each bag.
IMG_2498.jpeg
IMG_2502.jpeg
IMG_2499.jpeg
IMG_2500.jpeg

I used the shorter bags to give me more suspension articulation when deflated (5psi) When aired up (15-20psi) the bags “stiffen” up the springs to prevent rear end sag when towing. I also added an adjustable blow off valve set to 30psi to prevent over inflation.

If I remember correctly the coil rite bags for a stock 80 are 8" tall and a stock 200 is 10". Same diameter bag. If you lift is 2-3 inches the coil rite for the 200 series should work. Haven't offloaded much since installing bit all seemed to fit up well.

Working great so far. I did plumb the air lines from the top, opposite of the instructions. Both bags are on a separate regulator connected to an air lift controller:

View attachment 3371281View attachment 3371282View attachment 3371283View attachment 3371284
Thats a nice setup and glad to hear it i a working for you. I tried using those bags in a 862 spring with 30mm spacers on top for a few years. There is a good chance i was not using them correctly or something but i never really liked it. When loaded up i didnt feel like they prevented much sag and made the ride harsh. Unloaded i dropped them down to 5 psi. Still felt like over big bumps it had a feeling like i would hit the bump stops kind of. I think as the bag compressed even at 5psi the "spring rate" ramps up very progressive. Something wasnt right for me.

All that being said i am considering giving it a try again with some 860 springs if i get too much sag at times. So i am also interested in what lenght bags will work the best.

View attachment 3371281View attachment 3371282View attachment 3371283View attachment 3371284

I used the shorter bags to give me more suspension articulation when deflated (5psi) When aired up (15-20psi) the bags “stiffen” up the springs to prevent rear end sag when towing. I also added an adjustable blow off valve set to 30psi to prevent over inflation.

Thank you for all the detail of your setup... you did such a professional looking job!! As you mentioned, the main thing I don't want to lose is the articulation with the Slinky set-up. The only difference between our setups seems that you are running the HD springs and I'm on the intermediate ones. Thank you again for the response!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom