Air bags in coils articulation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good morning everyone. From those that have installed airbags inside your coils springs, have you noticed any decrease in articulation? Will these firestone red airbags stop my springs from completely compressing?

If you have an airline that links the two bags together you should be able to mitigate any issues
That would make sense. Thank you. I suppose when one side compresses it pushes air over to the other side. So when going through a dip and both wheels move up together at the same time I won't get full compression of the springs, right??

That would make sense. Thank you. I suppose when one side compresses it pushes air over to the other side. So when going through a dip and both wheels move up together at the same time I won't get full compression of the springs, right??
That’s the idea!

Just a thought, when I crosslinked my rear airbags I used a reducing fitting between them to reduce sway on the road, but still allow full articulation side to side off road. Think it was a 1/16" or 3/32" hole through a solid bushing between the two air lines. Seemed to work well, didn't notice any untoward road manners in my rig after linking the bags together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom