Real Time Help.......timing belt question? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Could be a dr belt tensioner or small place cover bolts.
My bet is on drive belt tensioner bolt. One of those holes is hidden and easy to miss...

engine oil pump cover capscrew? not required to remove it for the timing belt job, but IIRC, I had the same one left over- likely to have it left over if not needed for reassembly. have a look for missing capscrews on the oil pump housing:
View attachment 2500752

^^^^^

Bet this is it. Will check it out. Thanks.
Could be a dr belt tensioner or small place cover bolts.

Good candidates but I had checked them already.

Cant help with the bolt, but for future reference it takes 422 crank revolutions to line up the crank , cam and belt marks again

Sounds about right. I know its more revolutions than I am willing to try. I quit at about 40.

engine oil pump cover capscrew? not required to remove it for the timing belt job, but IIRC, I had the same one left over- likely to have it left over if not needed for reassembly. have a look for missing capscrews on the oil pump housing:
View attachment 2500752

^^^^^

And you Sir....were exactly right! I looked this evening and sure enough, just to the right of the alternator and above the timing belt tensioner was an unoccupied bolt hole. I even remember NOW what I did. When I removed it....I realized it didn't need to come out, so I cleaned it up, painted it (so I'd remember) and then set it aside. Of course upon reassembly I DIDN'T 'remember' and then left it out.

Thankfully it's one of those bolts that isn't covered up by the fan bracket or under a bunch of other parts.

Thank You for your input, you were right.

Missing bolt.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom