Real Time help: Alternator won't charge, no charge light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My internal regulated alternator shows charge light when ignition switched on engine off (relay spacks out randomly). When started light goes off but not charging, ordered a new alt so will see what that does, if it's the same then I'll investigate and have a spare.

What do you mean by “relay spacks out randomly?”

What do you mean by “relay spacks out randomly?”
When I turn on ignition and charge and filter lights turn on, after a couple seconds the filter and charge light and charge light relay go crazy. I jiggled wires and tapped things but there's no difference or coincidence. I wired up old fj alternator and the lights were steady.
I wired up brand new alternator and was steady, I figured the regulator was to blame.

Fully installed new alt and its perfect now, also better vacuum.

When I had engine running with dodgy alt it turned lights off but put no current out to system/battery. Sorry if I rambled (drunk 🤪)

Hi,
I am moving and towing a trailer. All the sudden the oil pressure seemed to drop. Then I lost my radio, etc. I even stalled once and had to get jumped.

Once I arrived I started troubleshooting.

I have 12.4 at the battery after a jump. 12.4 at the alternator to ground which seems to me it's not charging. The charging light however isn't illuminating.

Is it a bad alternator, any other ideas?

is this a FJ60 or FJ62

2F or 3FE

i dont see it ever mentioned ?

Mine Is a fj62 body (cab) on a HJ61 chassis (donk n diffs) and trying to adapt accordingly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom