ready to buy winter wheelset and tires, can you confirm my choices? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm ready to buy for 1999 lx470

looks like +3 mm of offset, is that something that will matter?

I intend to put a slightly used set of these on those rims:

do you think it's worth it to use those rims and tires?

I've used hakkapellita 8 on my Honda fit in the past and would love to have a set for the lx470 that replaced my fit after an accident.

I want the cheapest wheels that work with the tires I linked to. unless you think it's foolish to run that model tire in the size 265/70 17

please weigh in

thank you!

I can't comment on the wheels, but I have studded Hakkapeliitta LT2s for winter tires on the LC, and they are fantastic. I have used various Nokian tires on both pickups and cars, and all of them have been great.

If it snows a lot in your area, the tires are definitely worth it. Those wheels in the link won’t work, the bolt pattern you need is 5x150. The offset is +38 which is fine. Anything between 10 and 40 works on the street.

I went into the local tire place last week ready to buy Nokian LT3s. The tire guy suggested Hakka 9 for the better stud pattern. I went with them thinking less weight is good if I’m trying not to slip. Maybe I’ll try the LT3 next time to compare. I’m downsizing to 275/65 on my stock 18s. Could have gone with 265/70 I guess. I’ll get new 17s for my summer set.

Those wheels wont work. And at $250 for wheels....your best bet is to find Tundra wheels locally. Ive seen many for $25 each for Steelies, and $150 for a set of alloys

OEM 17s are hard to find and are usually more expensive, like Tundra Rock Warriors. I personally just picked up a set of OEM 16" LC wheels on craigslist for $80 to put snow tires on. You'd have to spend more on new snow tires but it's probably going to be easier in the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom