Re-attaching Badges (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

I am putting my Troopie back together and have a couple of badges whose plastic tabs broke when being taken off for painting. (mostly the "toyota landcruiser badges on either side of the hood). Any suggestions on how to re-attach??

Check with SOR or other vendors. I don't think they cost that much.

Specter Off-Road Land Cruiser Parts - Page 161 Land Cruiser Emblems 40 & 45 Series

Well, I guess it depends on what you call too much.

You may be able to put your broken badge back in the right place and put a dab of hot melt on it from the inside of the apron through the hole.

You may be able to buy a used apron that has the badge on it for less. I'll be looking for one myself soon.

Thanks for the info, was hoping to use my old badges....was thinking that i could superglue some tiny flat head bolts to badge and just add nuts.....

do you think that will work?...i guess if it doesnt and they fly off I will know where to get more!

That happened to me, went to the local autozone and picked up some 3M double sided adhesive tape. Been a year and no problems.

Will the silicone RTV material allow the badge to ever be removed without damaging it in future?....maybe i should make them more permanent....had anyone had any badges stolen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom