Wanted Rarest parts of all? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking for a pto lever knob and the plate that locks the lever in place. Good luck, I know. If anyone comes across either, please let me know.

i think i might have you beat. i'm looking for one more right and one more right female hinge for the oem soft door (along with all four male hinge pieces) and left bugcatcher vent w/s.

nuclearlemon said:
i think i might have you beat. i'm looking for one more right and one more right female hinge for the oem soft door (along with all four male hinge pieces) and left bugcatcher vent w/s.
Hi Ige, let's clairify your needs, you need----4 males that attach to the door, and 1 or 2 females that are right. (this is a difficult post to post) anyway, what color? Thanks, John Pardi, Placerville, Calif.

Can't you just make the OEM Soft Door Hinges?

I have a complete set (I'm holding onto these for my hard doors) & they seem pretty easy to fab from some standard hard door hinges. I realize you may be a purist & want original, but it's just a thought. I think if someone started making these, there would be a market for them. The idea of just unbolting your door stopper and popping out your front door would be very appealing to the doorless/topless types. Since you're looking for OEM soft top stuff, I also have the door switch for the factory soft top. I think I have the part that bolts to the factory soft door to actuate the switch somewhere. I don't need them. PM if you're interested.

SuperDuperCruizer

Rare NOS Parts

How rare are these items, Left OEM bug catcher weather strip, PTO lever & lever stop? :grinpimp:
3-2 -01.jpg
3-2 -2.jpg
3-2 03.jpg

66LWB45 said:
How rare are these items, Left OEM bug catcher weather strip, PTO lever & lever stop? :grinpimp:

Not sure about the PTO lever, but if you are selling the Bug Catchers, I'm buying. They would be a great prototype that I can use if I make my Next Generation Bg Catchers. See:

Http://members.cox.net/rwfnetworking

Message me on the board if you are interested in selling these.

Robert

The knob on the PTO lever is a replacement for the early original knob. I picked up my first winch in the early eighteis, it was missng the knob so I ordered one from Toyota and that's the one I got. I think it's the same as the tranfer shifter minus the lettering. The origianl sixties style is a lot wider. It's the same as the FJ25's tranfer knob. I just pick one up off of Ebay for next to nothing so they still can be found.

If your going to mount hard doors on to soft top hinges you might be better to start with hard top hinges. The pin on the door part is not very strong and not designed for the weight of hard doors. On the body part you would want to reinforce the top part of the hinge so it doesn't bend towards the rear. Some of the factory hinges I have are bend just from the weight of soft top doors.

Now if you want rare parts, who have the glass and mechanism for the driver's hard top door off an FJ25, I need them. If you have early hub caps in good shape I have all the parts listed about (except for the bug catcher weather stripping) for trade.

John

pardion said:
Hi Ige, let's clairify your needs, you need----4 males that attach to the door, and 1 or 2 females that are right. (this is a difficult post to post) anyway, what color? Thanks, John Pardi, Placerville, Calif.
oops...sorry, supposed to be one left and one right. got all the females now (plus extras), just need males

kind of an old post

got my bugcatchers already

SuperDuperCruizer said:
I have a complete set (I'm holding onto these for my hard doors) & they seem pretty easy to fab from some standard hard door hinges. I realize you may be a purist & want original, but it's just a thought. I think if someone started making these, there would be a market for them. The idea of just unbolting your door stopper and popping out your front door would be very appealing to the doorless/topless types. Since you're looking for OEM soft top stuff, I also have the door switch for the factory soft top. I think I have the part that bolts to the factory soft door to actuate the switch somewhere. I don't need them. PM if you're interested.

SuperDuperCruizer
wow...i didn't know there was a door switch. i thought the oem softtops just had the cute little pull switch for the light. :confused: i'm always looking for one of those also.

Hard to tell from that pic, but those don't look like bug catchers that you have. That looks like the center hung version of a vent window common to 73 era 40 series....and that part isn't that rare. Discontinued yes, but I have four of them. :)

Living in the Past said:
Now if you want rare parts, who have the glass and mechanism for the driver's hard top door off an FJ25, I need them. If you have early hub caps in good shape I have all the parts listed about (except for the bug catcher weather stripping) for trade.

John

This guy might have the door parts....

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=44692

I didn't think the door switch thing existed either till I bought a 65 Factory Soft top with the setup. I sold the truck, but I kept all of the factory soft top items. I eventually let the soft doors go, but I kept the door switch and metal actuator. There's only one switch for the driver's side. The metal actuator was a stamped piece. I can't remember for sure, but I think it bolted to the inside of the lower hinge.

rutbeer said:
Hard to tell from that pic, but those don't look like bug catchers that you have. That looks like the center hung version of a vent window common to 73 era 40 series....and that part isn't that rare. Discontinued yes, but I have four of them. :)
which pic? are you looking at marks w/s or my avatar? my avatar isn't the rig i'm getting the w/s for. i also have two set of the standard vent w/s's. now i have two sets of the bugcatcher stuff too

SuperDuperCruizer said:
I didn't think the door switch thing existed either till I bought a 65 Factory Soft top with the setup. I sold the truck, but I kept all of the factory soft top items. I eventually let the soft doors go, but I kept the door switch and metal actuator. There's only one switch for the driver's side. The metal actuator was a stamped piece. I can't remember for sure, but I think it bolted to the inside of the lower hinge.
got any pics

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom