Parting Out 25 Hardtop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Probably not much left after I get the goodies I bought this for (drivertain, wheels, seats, instrument cluster)...the hartop is rough, doors are fair (no glass or mechanism in drivers door), glass is marked FJ25...body and frame are rusted through in the back, the fiberglass and chicken wire repairs remain mostly intact...not for the weak hearted (like me)

Let me know-Phil

How about the front grill? Even a pair of headlight rings? :frown:

Hey Mark, nice meeting you at CM 05...yep, it has a grill, would need alot of work to fix the rust, no holes yet but the lower sandwich area has bulged enough to indicate it is going to need the spot welds drilled and....you know the drill......probably easier to fab a replica from a rust free mid 60's 40 grill...

headlight rings on this one are close but not original, sorry

Trails end unless....
P5120003.jpg
P5120004.jpg
P5120005.jpg

The PO put those same crappy chrome mirrors on my rig. I could use the door window slider parts if you want to part with them. Bib marker lights, too :).

Cruiserman-rig only has window slider parts and glass on RH side, don't know if they are "handed" or not, lenses are crappy but yours if you want 'em, can deliver when I get that axle....BTW, would you happen to have a line on a '69-up 40 front axle for disc brake conversion? Could pick that up at the same time...

I didn't realize that was you :). I need the entire light assemblies, not just the lenses if they are available.

I don't have a line on a front end, but I'll ask around. I converted my '72 front end and sent the original to Paul Decker with the '57.

I have one slider part, and I need to check to see which side it's for. I'll get back to you. I also need a tail light holder (plus the lights themselves). DS if it matters. PO cut it up :confused:. You can bring the t-bird with you ;).

thx, eric

Eric-from what I gather (from Cruiser_Nerd) you can make a 25 front lense holder out of a later model bib light by soldering the third wire to the body, have not tried it yet....theesuns here are kinda crapy but might help you out...

I highly recommend Gene's t-birds, they are SWEET! If original corrosion is your bag...then buy this rig! I'll even toss in an extra (icky) T-bird...

I'm down to one tailight bracket, I plan on making a few more someday

HI Phil

How about the steering wheel, the vent that's in the top, back gates, shift knobs (both transmission and transfer) and chrome parts on the front bib if you still have them.

Eric the front parking lights on all the later 40s were set up for dual element, just solder in the second wire.

Thanks, John

I could use the X-shaped cover from one of the doors, plus the inside door handle (mounted in the center of the door) from both. Got a fill neck cap?

That steering wheel looks to be in good shape.

John-steering wheel is very cracked, it was one of the things I was hoping to be good, hard top and all, yours if you still want it, vent is probably OK if I can get it off w/o damage, yours, rear doors are rusted, hardware OK, shift knobs mine, sorry, chrome bars rusted and pited, yours if you want, though you could make better ones....

Eric-door parts yours...gas cap mine :cool:

I'm leaving for a couple weeks, I'll get the stuff to you guys when I get back-Phil

Yup all you gotta do is solder the wire into the socket and presto - instant dual filament lights! The lights ground themselves by the case. Extra credit if you use LED bulbs.
my $.02
Jerry

Wipers are electric, wiper arms match each other I think, unsure of the brand....This is a 60, 61 with the "short" tool box and seat mounts, your '59 might have the "tall" toolbox and seat mounts, needing a different cover, which I don't have extras of....later covers will fit, don't have extras of those either....I can provide side by side pics in a couple weeks....another reproduction project? Shoulden't be too hard to fab them up...

Ummm...guess I shoulda put one in with the top....

Top? What Top? :confused: ;)

Mike
I checked the two covers I have in town and they are the same size the tab that is in the back and the rib on top is the only thing different. The high tool box uses a clamp in the back same as the front and the lower box has two loops in the bed that the tab slips under The rib on the high cover were diagonal, the lower cover they were front to back. On the 61 forty I just picked up there were no ribs just flat, but on a 63 forty there were ribbed front to back again. If you like I could email you a picture of both.
Later, John

Mike

Here's a couple pictures I took of the two lids I have in town. The white and green one is off of a 1960 FJ25 with the high tool box the other one is off a 1961 FJ40. The over all size is the same. The tabs on the back of the green and white match the one on the front. The tabs on the other are the same only lower.

John
Img_0157.jpg
Img_0158.jpg
Img_0160.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom