Raptor liner paint job (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New here. Finally have something worth posting. My paint was starting to look like crud and maaco wanted $3300 to respray. So, I did it myself. Used a hplv gun and shot with raptor liner in the driveway. Sanded and primed it first, but turned out decent

IMG_0114.jpeg

IMG_0116.jpeg

IMG_0117.jpeg

nice work! Having just repainted my hood there is so much more work involved in this post than the 3 nice pics you have. Props to you for getting after it

i like it. How is the texture? THe thing i would be concerned about with Raptorliner is how to keep it clean once dirt starts getting into the paint texture.

Don’t concern - its not a ferrari

nice work! Having just repainted my hood there is so much more work involved in this post than the 3 nice pics you have. Props to you for getting after it
Thanks. Yeah, painting is a pain. Took about 40 hours to fully complete. Put two new front fenders on, sanded everything, took off the lights, roof rack etc. I messed up a few spots, but good enough for who it’s for lol

What was your process of going with Raptor over other brands?
Do you have a fender removal/Install guide or is it intuitive?
Can you share details on the prep?

I'm having to replace my fender and likely won't find a colour match, so thinking of spraying the whole truck from the fender line down.
Don't know the difference Between the paint brands.

What was your process of going with Raptor over other brands?
Do you have a fender removal/Install guide or is it intuitive?
Can you share details on the prep?

I'm having to replace my fender and likely won't find a colour match, so thinking of spraying the whole truck from the fender line down.
Don't know the difference Between the paint brands.
I used raptor on several other projects before and had good results. So I just went with what I knew. The fenders are easy. 10 bolts or so. Took about an hour to do both. Hardest part for me was dealing with rust. This thing came from up north, so it was expected.

Prep was the pain. I took off as much as I could. Front grill and lights, roof rack, taillights emblems etc. I also didn’t care too much about paint getting on some of the moldings since I replaced a bunch of those too. Sanded the entire thing 4 times starting with 220 grit then finished with 800. Primed then painted.

You can take your paint code and get a close match. I originally went that route but just wanted something different.

i like it. How is the texture? THe thing i would be concerned about with Raptorliner is how to keep it clean once dirt starts getting into the paint texture.
I had a pickup that had a 10+ year old bed liner in it. Naturally it looked faded and full of dirt, it just looked like crap. I was in Houston some years ago with some heavy equipment I dragged down there for hurricane cleanup and ended with a bucket of hydraulic fluid spilled on the bed. I used purple power and a scrub brush to clean it up, ended up doing the bed sides too…the bed liner came out looking brand new, the black restored looking fresh like it was just sprayed. That’s a long way to say, purple power and a scrub brush, maybe even some hydraulic fluid first 😁

I had a pickup that had a 10+ year old bed liner in it. Naturally it looked faded and full of dirt, it just looked like crap. I was in Houston some years ago with some heavy equipment I dragged down there for hurricane cleanup and ended with a bucket of hydraulic fluid spilled on the bed. I used purple power and a scrub brush to clean it up, ended up doing the bed sides too…the bed liner came out looking brand new, the black restored looking fresh like it was just sprayed. That’s a long way to say, purple power and a scrub brush, maybe even some hydraulic fluid first 😁
Texture is great. I sprayed through a hvlp gun thinned out. So there is some texture, but nothing like a bed liner

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom