Random chit chat thread (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I watched some qualifying last night. I used to go and put crew for some of our club members teams when I lived in Cali, i think is was the 2010-2012 races. The cars have advanced so much, and the size and investment needed to be part of the event has grown immensely. On one hand it’s great to see how much interest and support there is for industry, and how much KOH has helped develop tech for suspensions, etc. On the other hand, it seems like the admission price to show up and even try to run competitively requires a sponsorship campaign. Guys used to literally show up in their trail rigs and rock out.

Only problem I had with KOH week was the only person driving was the driver, I’d be there all week with my rig and maybe get to run one trail chasing the race car for practice. I stopped going because it wasn’t fun, and we chose instead to go on off weeks when there were far fewer people there and you could wheel 3-4-5 trails in a day.

I will say though, watching the qualifying on Choc Thunder did get me a little fired up, especially when some of the cars hit the lines clean and have a killer run. I miss that place, and hope one day to get back there and wheel.

I volunteered when the Rausch Creek Qualifiers were being held and it was a lot of fun back then. I'd listen to / watch KOH and would recognize a lot of the names if not actually being people I had met, so it was more personal. I've got to hand it to Dave and Jeff for what they built and the success it has become, but it has lost that personal interest level for me between the sheer number of people competing and all the different classes - trophy trucks, motorcycles, and even VW Beetles...

I volunteered when the Rausch Creek Qualifiers were being held and it was a lot of fun back then. I'd listen to / watch KOH and would recognize a lot of the names if not actually being people I had met, so it was more personal. I've got to hand it to Dave and Jeff for what they built and the success it has become, but it has lost that personal interest level for me between the sheer number of people competing and all the different classes - trophy trucks, motorcycles, and even VW Beetles...
😎
Over 1000 racers registered including the Motos this year. Event has grown exponentially in 17years.

Everyman challenge is on currently go go 4619 and 4628 Toyota power 😁

Congrats to Josh Blyler (Klingerstown, PA) and Jared Erdman for taking third place today! His father, Rusty Blyler, came in fourth.

And congrats to Raul Gomez of Gomez Brothers Racing for taking the crown and Jason Scherer and Jason Berger of Rage 4th for taking second place.

Last edited:
Found this in my parts 80

6F5463C9-D4A4-407E-B008-FBD758A75520.jpeg

The king is dead. Long live the King!

I have opinions… but I have to admit I’m less disappointed than I though I’d be.

I hope everyone is doing well and is getting prepped and ready for a ton of fall wheeling fun.

I wanted to stop by and say I am here and lingering.
A few big event have happen these past year that have made it difficult to be active. One being a surgery to check if I have cancer or not, thankfully I am cancer free. The latest is changing jobs. Recently, I came to the conclusion my body can not handle working on the bigger trucks and semis, finding my body needing days to recover! So as of Monday, I have returned to the dealer world and am working for Toyota again!

hopefully in the next few months I will start to see some of these new trucks come in and as my credentials get restored to the Tech Information System I can get an idea of all the nitty gritty of all the new tech coming out.

Take care everyone, looking forward to hopefully seeing pictures of everyone's outings!

Cheers!

Yes, that’s an 80-series Land Cruiser.

:)

Woah, wierd!

I like the looks of it. Didn't reach whatever the reserve is so it didn't sell. It had a lot of small problems (maybe leading to bigger problems) but I figured someone would buy it.

Woah, wierd!

I do like the looks of that. So many times people attempt such things and they just come out looking weird.

Since we're talking BAT anyway, did you guys see this FJ45 from the Middle East for sale in NJ? 1979 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ45 Pickup - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1979-toyota-land-cruiser-fj45-9/

I got pumped at first, but after spending time with the photos on a large screen it needs a lot of work. Would make a lot a sense at the right price, but this is BAT we're talking about, so...yeah.

Unfortunately, the other part is the import fees. If it sells low enough to make restoration sensible, the seller is likely to take a loss over what he paid to get it here.

Anyone near or far to Lancaster have a 93ish SC400 I can try some parts from the egr system and your ECU to try and finish troubleshooting my 1uz swap?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom