Rampant speculation about 2H cooling issues... (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If the radiator is hardly used it might drive ok, I use the radiator curtain in the winter and when I forget about it in summer it never overheats.
It just gets warmer than without the curtain but never a red line, just above halfway and when driving 146 km/h on GPS :zilla: I notice it going to 3/4, (normally I drive about 90 km/h)

Maybe if I start towing a trailer/uphill it will overheat, but I think if you drive 2200 rpm on a straight road it might be possible without radiator.
If the fan works fine, or is always on that moves a lot of cool air.

Frankly I'm hoping that my cooling problems are now fixed. Because after all that, I'm left with either rebuilding the engine and probably adding an EDIC, or yanking it and replacing it with something better. And while a 1HZ would be nice in that machine, it's something I can't really afford right now.

Coolant overheating can be a bugger to troubelshoot when all the obvios have been looked at. Water flow is the best indicator to see if the coolant is flowing properly. Anyone have any idea what is the amount of time that the thermostat would normally open up when the outside temp is around 70F and it is a 3b motor?

Check the coolant hoses going to the radiator. The hoses should be hot at inlet/outlet that indicates water flow into the radiator. If it is still cold after I guess 10 minites, then check for obstruction, stuck thermostat and so on.

From what I've read, the thermostat should be open within about 10 minutes of starting driving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom