Raleigh Durham Shop to replace Heater Tees (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

New(ish) to me 2005 Land Cruiser, looking for a good place to take for heater tee replacement on my 100 series. I have gotten quotes between $800 and $875 from my typically reasonable Indy shop and local Raleigh Durham Toyota and Lexus dealerships. I know I can get the parts for $175 but I am Severely mechanically challenged. I thought I was ready to take this on but not so sure after fixing my leaky brake light issue.

Thanks in advance.

Lee

DM sent

i'd see about getting a HAMOM together - this is not a complex job or worth those prices. search around and the T's wont cost that much.
If I still lived in the area, i'd definitely help ya out!

Replace all the Heater Tees and hoses with quality parts. Unless they need it done now, wait till after the Virus and get a HAMOM going..... It takes about 30 minutes to do IIRC

There is definitely some seeping, but realize it is only a matter of time for full blown leak. Not really an issue since not driving now.

Thanks for the DM Andrew, will text you.

When I did mine I just ordered all new hoses, clamps, and T’s from Toyota. I assembled them loosely based on what I saw of the old ones then I removed the old ones keeping each branch intact except at the start and finish of each line. Then I matched the new to the old and installed. This prevented any possible problems if a T had broken and had a piece fall into the lines. The firewall ends could’ve been easier to get to with the pliers but it still only took an idiot (me) about two hours to do. Would’ve been a lot less time if I’d not changed the hoses.

Some local will be happy to babysit you for this. I’m sure @uzj100 has done this more than a few times.

This is a pretty simple DIY... I just did mine last weekend. Would be happy to assist if you're local to Raleigh...

Amazon product ASIN B000DCNGIS...and some hose clamps
heatertee.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom