Raleigh Area windshield replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I posed this in the 100 forum, but putting it here as well...

I searched high and low around my area (Raleigh, NC) to find a windshield repair/replace company that knew how to handle a 100 series and I found it.

Capital Auto Glass Garner NC 919-553-5352 Serving -Raleigh-Cary-Clayton-Smithfield-Wake Forest (919) 553-5352

Capital Auto Glass, Call Lauren, she knows her stuff. I had to call quite a few places to find someone that was knowledgeable and could get it done, and they did.

FYI, I had to replace my glass because I hit a turkey at 60mph, we were nose to beak.

IMG_3154.jpg

That had to been scary as hell!

That had to been scary as hell!

It was! I never saw her until she was over the hood. Came out of a pine thicket to my right, totally perpendicular to the cruiser. Its like when you joke after hitting a bug on the highway "we made eye contact", this time we actually did, it was crazy.

Yea, the results will be in after its wintertime and I do some highway driving. The last replacement had a terrible whistle in both corners if it was under 50 degrees and I was going highway speeds. Fingers crossed they put in a good one!

Wow. Pretty crazy. Glad no injuries and hope you get it back in action soon.

It has to be asked, are the breasts in your freezer now? Pretty damn tasty on a grill or smoker. :hillbilly:

@k3pack any update?

The little chip that has been taunting me for 4 years finally cracked this morning across my entire windshield in my LX470. Really bummed now that I finally have to find a good place to do the replacement. The possibility of rust and having it done incorrectly is terrifying.

I've used Jacob's Glass in Durham in the past and they have been fantastic but would also like to hear your review.

@k3pack any update?

The little chip that has been taunting me for 4 years finally cracked this morning across my entire windshield in my LX470. Really bummed now that I finally have to find a good place to do the replacement. The possibility of rust and having it done incorrectly is terrifying.

I've used Jacob's Glass in Durham in the past and they have been fantastic but would also like to hear your review.
Long-ish term review is still very good. They were able to get all $900 worth of rivets/gaskets/molding covered by insurance instead of trying to reuse some of those parts, the installer was good, but I do not think he was their top Land Cruiser guy. The owner (I think) who takes orders and sets appts is SUPER knowledgeable on Cruiser glass and according to her they do all the land cruisers for Anderson Toyota. I was less impressed with the installers knowledge of cruisers but he still did a great job.

Long-ish term review is still very good. They were able to get all $900 worth of rivets/gaskets/molding covered by insurance instead of trying to reuse some of those parts, the installer was good, but I do not think he was their top Land Cruiser guy. The owner (I think) who takes orders and sets appts is SUPER knowledgeable on Cruiser glass and according to her they do all the land cruisers for Anderson Toyota. I was less impressed with the installers knowledge of cruisers but he still did a great job.
Appreciate the review. I'll give them a call as well as Jacob's glass locally to see who would be the best option. Thanks!

I've got a windshield gasket leak that seems to come and go. I appreciate the feedback on the Garner shop and will be giving them a call.

For 100 windshields, would highly recommend purchasing new outer trim molding and inner trim strip that covers rivets, and the rivets of course. Recently did a friend’s windshield, used Transparency Auto Glass out of Garner. Jace and Daniel were careful, no extra charge for a second trip after I took several weeks to strip rust and prep for install after removal.
And of course, Partsouq is the way to go for the parts-just order some more items you need and want to defray the shipping.

Spoke with Lauren at Capital Auto Glass and they'll be doing the claim work for me. New inner and outer moldings, rivets, etc.

She said they have 2 tech's familiar with the LX470/100 series Lexus/Toyota rivet design and there won't be any issues. the lifetime warranty is also comforting if there is any kind of issue. They are also a preferred shop with my insurance.

My truck having the OEM glass it left the factory with is a good thing since there won't be any shoddy workmanship for them to follow up. Should be a clean install.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom