Raingler Pet Barrier Net Install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello fellow Mudders,

I decided that my first mods/accessories for my '93 should be safety-related. Therefore, this is my second after installing a fire extinguisher underneath the DS seat earlier this week.

Not that I needed a pet net to restrain a vicious disobedient dog, but rather choose one to keep the dog, stroller, and any loose gear from launching forward in case of a rollover or collision...especially since my baby daughter will be rear-facing as recommended for up to three more years.

There is some information on Mud regarding Raingler nets for 80s, but the install seemed a little improvised―strapped up using the second and third rows' "oh-sh*t-bars" or drilling hardware permanently in. I opted for getting four tabbed D-rings and strap extensions for the grab-bar application (Figure 1). After installing the D-rings using the grab bars screws, the strapping reached well over the second row seats, curving above your head, and would rub your head if sitting back there if you're somewhat tall.

Afterwards, I decided it wasn't going to work that way so I reinstalled using the seatbelt bolts instead of the second row grab bar (Figure 2). The D-ring tab holes were a little too small so I honed them out to slide over the bolts. I'm contemplating using Tacoma truck bed D-rings instead since they're much larger and heavy duty than these little guys. This application doesn't require strap extensions either but I put them to good use by strapping down my tool roll.

Now the net is entirely behind the second row seat with a few inches to spare, exactly what you want since the net will flex with any weight flying into it. Now both baby and dog are safe (Figures 3 and 4)! Also, Eddie at Raingler was very accommodating too, allowing me to swap out hardware packages without any problems.

All in all, I'm extremely happy with this product and its quality. :cheers:

IMG_0040.JPG

Figure 1. Raingler net installed using 2nd and 3rd row grab bars...confining.

IMG_0050.JPG

Figure 2. Raingler net installed using 2nd row seat belt and 3rd row grab bar...mo bettah!

IMG_0083.JPG

Figure 3. Lil Vivi safe and sound!

IMG_0106.JPG

Figure 3. Good ol' Buddy safe and sound!

Last edited:
Very cool! Been researching this very topic and have not seen the nets before; I like the fact that it can be quickly removed.

Our little buddies look suspiciously like your dog. Smart little buggers.

I'm also looking for a way that we could slide open the rear windows without having to worry about them being able to jump out or get ejected in roll or collision.

I'm also looking for a way that we could slide open the rear windows without having to worry about them being able to jump out or get ejected in roll or collision.

They probably have something that will work...looks like they have all kinds of different sized nets. If not, I'm sure Eddie could custom make one.

http://www.raingler.com/#!pet-barriers/c74f

Last edited:
Food for thought - a real dog harness & keeping your buddy belted is a safer way.

My boxer has his spot, a seatbelt harness & a rug in the back seat.

People mention it all the time, plus he's safe if we get in a minor bender.

The belt setup even got a chuckle from a state trooper who didn't bother to ticket me once he saw it, didn't even run my lisc & ins, just mentioned it being a good idea as fast as I was going (oops) & told me to ease up.

Very cool! Been researching this very topic and have not seen the nets before; I like the fact that it can be quickly removed.

I've got these sliding dog security bars that were made by a guy here on Mud. I used for a couple years, until the dogs decided they hated sticking their heads out the window.

Nice solution to squash a potential problem. Been looking at something like this to keep cargo from killing me if it breaks loose.

Last edited:
Lol, that was on my list and still is but i want the kids yo be able to still get stuff from the 2nd row.

In my recent travels I meet a group of traveling ladies with dogs. They had a great pet barrier solution with an operating door for the DIY. They were open and proud of their idea and design, rightfully so.

2h1OKIjFfZISyM3Rqq-_mV8sr_PEPTvWkUpidGxnWOIS_dEHy292lKu2Hwta2LyDsCjtt0pCvcz89BTbZ2vDnBinG41mMero3OHHw3MnMLM8PlP2aPc_BFwnaJ80w8hb9zMCq09AR2ewwy20O8c_e_A3vF9Uk1u0GHRSYGHRh1UQukiiFdWUJSxSZNdoftL7U0vfaQNMCjWeqCfjlGR0cMSJLGg0KUiQyFEXaXt8weTTEOC6BLdnb2RwloS97Jwv9beqdNWXTFh54GBloTWyhS1h7AE9X-DqutpmJM6RKY81WdspKrtsXZjvUDsKObTn0LY6xtry2PAWpQzSbjJVJHL-cn2_9MakRbEJa6G5bax9ka5u1-zPZ7nKFhM7ly-IVCQ-ZHV1KGgb13Th8NGsdluG0jNZcfCR44yZBuzfXXAd5pO-TrJGc0z2d7oCJrNlgouLPpU5iuxbrHiAtJC8Vtd6FCpDqILTdWM5bFfwNNTw3jRTQ2D9RV0QPGOLvks9P0blI-ApaCXQB-PrNNxehLOetpKgyxD9_-ZTBPgZlRh-6aYU-us0lT9mp2QgirEdMcW6oWGalKnbj2JZUqSSwNjUwiK27YR9UVc3YHHAuvp1WjDvSeegojvT=w1187-h890-no

3+ years is too long to be facing rearward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom