Rain Gutter ANtenna Mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so i'm not a toyota owner anymore... but still have 2 in the family, and there is no better resource for expedition things than mud.... soo....
Rain Gutter Antenna Mount?
I know they are made, is there anyone that sells rain gutter antenna mounts in the US? every place I found using google and ebay was in the UK or Europe and shipping was going to be crazy. I think it would be a little easier to mount the 3 antennas i have on that type of braket than mess with 3 magnet mounts that move and fall off when you hit a sign or tree branch or drilling the roof. I do not have a safari rack and probably wont for a long time. I also thought about the rear spare tire antenna mount, but I wan't to keep them up above the roofline. The guter mount can also be removed when I dont need in about 3 seconds.

(it's goiing on a 99 Disco2, im not a traitor, i swear, just couldnt find a 80 and i got this for a steal of a deal...)

I was at HRO 1 1/2 months ago looking for the same mount. They don't sell em. Try Radio Shack

nothing at radio shack.

I was at HRO today and purchased a window mount for my sma diamond antenna (srh77ca). I also purchased a Yaesu VX-2R and this setup works great for a handheld sma antenna setup.

I ended up mounting the window mount on my driver's side rear sliding window. Looks cool and ran the very thin coax along the inside headliner threaded through the pull handles. Not the most permanent solution but will work for now.

HRO in Woodbridge VA fwiw.

Dave

I was at HRO today and purchased a window mount for my sma diamond antenna (srh77ca).

By "window mount", do you mean the type that sits on top of the window? I tried one of those in my car, I had lots of wind noise around it.

Or do you mean a thru-the-glass mount?

Yes-the kind that sits on top of the window. I did'nt notice any significant wind noise at all yesterday after I installed it and did highway speeds. I purchased the MFJ 310S style. It's black and low profile and does fit nicely on top of the rear slider on an 80 series with the 16" diamond antenna. This model is the SMA version and has a gold connector that you can use if you have a HH with sma connection. I'm sure they sell BNC or you could buy an adapter if you needed it.

Ya, that's exactly the one I was trying. My Lexus has frameless windows on the doors, so it's easy to break the wind seal, the only complaint I have about the car.

I have a Yaesu FT-60 HH with that tiny flimsy SMA connector. I ended up with a Larson NMO2/70 on my trunk lip, the covereage is actually pretty amazing.

KyleT: Did you ever find one of these? I was thinking the same thing for the back of my LX450.

Also: With the glass mounts are there two types? One that passes signal through the window, and another that has a cable. Confused about this.

I have a gutter mount for my 4' Firestik antenna and don't really like it. There isn't really any support from the antenna swinging left/right (DS/PS). And after awhile it gets loose and I have to re-tighten it. Anyone else have this problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom