Radiator work part identification and location (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi. After having someone else work on vehicle to repair head gasket. Long story. Working on replacing ruptured radiator. Not sure what it is and where it goes. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

2AEC0849-0662-4319-A2D4-ABC976AD9F22.jpeg

DC72D707-5377-45AC-BF7A-92EEDDBB5089.jpeg

DD20BD70-0A8F-4709-A440-C7926C84AD41.jpeg

Is it part of the hood cable latch giddy up? Thay little tab may hold a spring?
Did you take it off or was it an extra part from head gasket work?

IMG_4885.JPG
That bracket goes on the front of the grill as supports on the pass and driver side there are two one part goes to the condenser other part goes up to the front cross support

Thank you! Just checked. That’s where it “WAS” supposed to be. Greeat forum, great advice great people! That helped me a lot. I was looking through the FSM to no avail.

You don’t even want to know! I do most of my own work but am disabled due to arthritis. But still do most stuff longer. The whole issue is due to the head gasket mechanic not putting the lock bolt through the belt adjuster to the alternator. He just put it through the bracket and not the lock block. Short story both water pump belts broke, temp went sky high immediately and boom! Was the original radiator I believe. The picture is how I found the adjuster!

A8342E17-DE41-493F-B864-16AFE0CF94A3.jpeg

My PO's mechanic had removed the idler pulley, the alternator bracket adjuster, and the spark plug wire loom covers on the top of the VC.

I also had the crappy aftermarket belts break, wrap around the WP, sop the cooling instantly, overheat, and explode the radiator (split the top tank the full length)

I DON'T like taking my stuff to other shops because they invariably break something else, not install all the fasteners, or generally do a s***ty job. I could go on and on about this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom