Radiator Transmission Cooler Connectors (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know what to call these connectors and where to find extras? This connects to the bottom of the radiator for the AT cooling lines.

Do they only come with a new radiator? I can't find a part number on the Toyota parts lists.

Thanks!

PXL_20220413_005454923.jpg

PXL_20220414_223046534.jpg

Yes, you can get factory fittings for those. Be very carful when you tighten those fittings in place. They have tendency to strip if over tighten.

Well of course I probably shouldn't have gotten the aluminum radiator from China, the cheap aluminum version of the fittings pulled out and are different thread sizes M14 x 1.5 not 1.0 like the original radiator threads. So it'll have to be third party for sure.

Well of course I probably shouldn't have gotten the aluminum radiator from China, the cheap aluminum version of the fittings pulled out and are different thread sizes M14 x 1.5 not 1.0 like the original radiator threads. So it'll have to be third party for sure.
What year is your rig? Unless you have the ultra rare 3FE, you should just go with the factory OEM or TYC units and forget about any ebay alum. radiators. I would highly recommend returning it and get a $150 TYC 1918

What year is your rig? Unless you have the ultra rare 3FE, you should just go with the factory OEM or TYC units and forget about any ebay alum. radiators. I would highly recommend returning it and get a $150 TYC 1918
It's a 94. I might take your advice and return the Al one.

BTW, just as a search reference, here are the part numbers:
16497-17030
16497-66040

still available.

Last edited:
Interestingly they both seem to be available (one has a supercession)
FWIW

Why not just source some replacement M14x1.5 barbed fittings? I don't remember the inside diameter of the transmission cooler hoses, but here's a random brass M14x1.5 to 3/8" hose barb on eBay:

s-l500.png

I went a different route😜

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom