Radiator Temp fix and Warranty (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought a 2013 200 back in May from a GMC dealer in Houston. It had 94,000miles and the radiator hadn’t been changed so I opted for the 4yr 48,000 mile Platinum warranty. Very glad I did as yesterday while adding windshield washer fluid I found the good ole pink splatter and the hairline crack on top of the radiator around the number stamp.

My question is, with the holiday approaching do y’all think doing the jb weld radiator patch as a temp fix would void the warranty. Thinking I won’t be able to get a dealer to replace before Thursday. I won’t have any long travel, all driving will be local. So I wouldnt think I would do any more damage by patching. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

I wouldn’t risk voiding the warranty with an at home fix unless you are willing to do it yourself as backup if they balk. Even if you get pictures for evidence those companies seem to love to find ways out of actually doing anything.

A real radiator patch should work fine to stop the leak though, in the short term.

If all driving is local you could just watch your water temp like a hawk and monitor how much coolant it is losing. At least it isn’t summer. I suspect some people go quite a few miles with leaking cracks before noticing them, with no engine damage.

My question is, with the holiday approaching do y’all think doing the jb weld radiator patch as a temp fix would void the warranty.

This seems like a question for the dealer that is going to do the repair. We can tell you all sorts of things, but in the end, they decide what to do.

Thanks for all your replies and help. I was able to get to the dealer this morning, they worked with warranty department ordered new radiator and will have me back on the road by tomorrow mid morning.

You may want to have the tensioners and serpentine belt replaced while you are in there. Adding new radiator hoses would probably be a good idea. There should be very little or no extra labor for putting these on while they are replacing the radiator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom