radiator and thermostat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
does the water from my radiator enter the engine from the top hose and go back into the radiator via the bottom hose? stock 2f.

also did the thermostat change during the 2f lifespan? if anyone knows.

the only way i can get my truck to run at regular temps is to run the heater... and my LPG converter freezes up meaning i gotta run on leaded petrol, at $1 aus per litre

other way, to make sure that water flows through the engine block and doesn't leave air pockets.

maybe you better move to a warmer climate, like where the fuel is subsidised by the state gov :)

sam
ulp 76.9cpl

Water enters the Radiator from the Top Hose and exits from the Bottom Hose. Symptoms sound like it does'nt have a Thermostat(There is no restriction from the Thermostat, Thus the Water moves so fast through the System it does not have enough time in the Radiator for it to cool).

thermostat is the same for all 2f's(maybe F as well) and 3fe's, 190 deg, I think you can get 180 aftermarket. make sure the upper rubber gasket is installed as well.

John H

Yes, that rubber gasket, that the PO never had in there when he sold it to me. Makes a HUGE difference! :p

well if it has no thermostat, someone stole it overnight, cause the problem just started..

and my hj had the same prob, changed the thermostat, and all fixed.

the thermostat if not opening (as it is closed when cold) heats up the small amount of water caught in the engine (from last time shut down) then operation heats the small amount of water in there (small amount of water heats faster than heap of water in radiator that is cooled by air flow) till you get to operation temp. then it opens the thermostat to allow water flow through radiator, cooling water to certain extent....

if the thermostat stays closed, then the water in the engine keeps heating. causing the prob. if there was no thermostat it would take ages (prob hours) for all the water (water trapped in engine coling ducts and radiator)to warm to optimal temp. that means poor emissions, and poor economy and power. so you see, it wouldn't be lack of thermostat, if for no other reason than the fact it's never done this for a year. so either someone desperately needed a thermostat from a 2f and didn't tell me about it, or it 's buggered up now.

don't mean to sound preachy, sorry if it comes off that way...

Agreed. Change your thermostat, change your luck, mate. 8)

You'll probably find a big chunk of scale in there. :'(

done, the thing runs better than ever, and i almost didn't install that rubber gasket, as it hid in the box till the last minute.

no probs there, and my LPG conversion has had no startup worries yet, which is an improvement to say the least

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom