quick questions on seat gear repair (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have the new gears. My issue is accessing the two black screws that hold the oak plastic trim plate on the seat frame. They are way up behind the leather. I plugged the seat back in and raised the seat up as high as it will go. Am I missing something? The videos on YouTube show that the seat can be lifted/adjusted way up for access to these front screws but mine won't go up that far.

Thoughts?

You have to tilt the front of the bottom seat cushion (where your butt goes) full up to expose that plastic cover and those two screws. Pull up under the front edge of the horizontal seat control. You may have to push down on the rear of that same seat control at the same time depending on the starting position of the seat.

Or to put it more simply, you don't want to raise the whole seat, you want to only tilt the bottom cushion up at the front.

Last edited:
Yes, It just seems like it will not go up all the way. It reclines and tilts fine. It just wont go back and forth so I just decided to put it back in and make an attempt on a rainy day in the future.

Thank you for the input. It may just be that it won't go up all the way.

RKT

To be clear, you don't want to move the seat forward or rearward, you want to tilt the front edge (which would be under your thighs if seated) upward. Try lowering the seat, then grab the large seat control knob with your left hand, thumb on the rear upper aspect of the knob with your index finger on the front lower aspect of the knob at the same time; push up with the index finger while pushing down with the thumb, if that makes sense.

To be clear, you don't want to move the seat forward or rearward, you want to tilt the front edge (which would be under your thighs if seated) upward. Try lowering the seat, then grab the large seat control knob with your left hand, thumb on the rear upper aspect of the knob with your index finger on the front lower aspect of the knob at the same time; push up with the index finger while pushing down with the thumb, if that makes sense.
Yes. That is how I tried it. Odd how it seems to move about half way

I just did this today! I ended up folding up the leather seat cover a bit and drilling two holes in the metal frame that let me unscrew those two screws.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom