quick fitting question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
can someone tell me what is the size of the fitting that attached the brake line to the brake master cylinder...1968 fj40.....took an old one off...new one has different size fitting...something metric i am sure...
thanks
osagecruiser

do you have the mondo fitting that goes in the front, or do you have the little tiny 7mm fitting?

i believe it would be the tiny fitting that comes out the end of the mc....7mm?..great...that means a 40 mile drive to a real autoparts store...one of the bad things about rural kansas....metric whats metric...oh you will have to go to topeka for that.

thanks much
osagecruiser

You might want to call ahead and see if they have a 7mm. as thats a very odd size.
Shane

woah! stop! and don't ruin these fittings. Treat them with tender loving care. They are some weird British standard size. You will not find them at any parts store.

Last year I was over in birfield land trying to figure these things out and all I can remember at the moment is that these things are unique so unique in fact, I had to have a bud make one for me. THe advice I took was either treat these with tlc or change your entire brake system.

You will however find master cylinders and brake cylinders that will accept these fittings. Do some more research over at birfield and perhaps here. I did come across a couple of threads dealing with your issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom