Questions regarding 200 Series OEM 17x8 Steel Wheels (Steelies) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good Day all. I was trying to search past threads regarding the information, unfortunately, no luck.

Recently, I was able to acquire a set of OEM 17x8 Steel Wheels for the 200 Series. Unfortunately, they no longer came with the original hub caps. Would the part TOYOTA 4260B-60020 (photo included for reference) be the correct part number for the hubcap cover?

Furthermore, I need some info as well on what would be the best lug nuts for this specific wheel. I'm not entirely sure if the original lug nuts can be used for these wheels, though I was told that they cannot be used.

Thanks all! Photos with captions below.

IMG_3884.JPG

The wheels I was able to acquire. They are a set of 5, 5th wheel not in photo.

s-l400.jpg

The part in question. TOYOTA 4260B-60020

2205020001251s4.jpg

A sample photo of the steel wheels with the hubcap grabbed from CROOOOBER.

They have a different lug, and the lug nut torque is also higher than normal.

Would you know the size that I have to use? Thank you!
These are the wheels I'm running on my Lx, bought from a Tundra owner. He just included the Tundra lug nuts. I know its not much but its a start. I can vouch +1 that the factory LX lug nuts did not fit.

These are the wheels I'm running on my Lx, bought from a Tundra owner. He just included the Tundra lug nuts. I know its not much but its a start. I can vouch +1 that the factory LX lug nuts did not fit.
Did you notice if the Tundra lugnuts were longer than the factory LX lugnuts?

Would you know the size that I have to use? Thank you!

You can read this and there are pics there.

You can use acorn lug nuts or the longer lug nuts with acorn heads.

Torque was 110 or 120. It says in the owner manual the right amount.

Re. lug nuts - steel wheels typically use the "acorn-style" lug nuts, which differ from lug nuts designed for alloy wheels. I have a feeling OEM Toyota part 90942-A1003 is what you're looking for - maybe someone else can verify. Here in the US they're around $2 a piece.

The lug nuts on my '11LC are made for securing both aluminum or steel wheels. They have a taper at the base for contact on steel wheels. They are not pretty while installed on the steel Tundra spare I use when the snow tires are on the oem aluminum wheels but I do not need to carry an extra set.

This is just random info that may help some one on the trail. Not all lug nuts are the same, inspect your own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom