Questions from a LX470 owner looking to add a LX570 to the fleet (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've owned my 05 LX470 for 112k miles (223k on it now, 111k when I bought it from another Mud member several years ago). I love it with a passion, even though I had serious AHC issues that finally resulted in having the wonderful folks at ACC completely rip out every last bit of the AHC and replace it with Ironman Pro Foam Cell based system.

I'm looking to pick up an LX570 to add to the family fleet, and I've spent several days reading 100+ threads here on the 200 series to get up to speed on them.

Right now I'm considering 2013 - 2015 models. My question is how much value should be attributed to mileage? I saw one post that suggested $1500 / 10k of mileage difference, but I don't know how current or accurate that is.

If you had to choose between a 2015 w/ 60k miles or a 2015 w/ 125k miles, all other things being equal, how much more would you consider the lower mileage vehicle? Would you pay $10k difference for it?

I wouldn't be concerned nearly as much about miles as I would be service history and rust. Sounds like you have already experienced an AHC nightmare, so make sure you can see or have documentation of AHC service at 60K. A higher mile garage queen is always the best value, but there are far fewer unknowns on a lower mile vehicle. Do a little digging. I bet the choice will become clear.

I wouldn't be concerned nearly as much about miles as I would be service history and rust. Sounds like you have already experienced an AHC nightmare, so make sure you can see or have documentation of AHC service at 60K. A higher mile garage queen is always the best value, but there are far fewer unknowns on a lower mile vehicle. Do a little digging. I bet the choice will become clear.

The one with higher miles that I am looking at has had every single service performed at Lexus, religiously, from rolling off the lot until a month ago. While I did not specifically see any mention of AHC service, I already figured I'd do the AHC flush on whichever vehicle I bought.

The owner of the higher mileage one was meticulous - to the extend of paying Lexus to handle rock chips and paint scratches on more than one occasion. They had it at the dealer for regular maintenance every 7 - 10k miles. They did do the 60k mile service, but the service notes on Lexus.com do not specifically mention the AHC system.

The one with higher miles that I am looking at has had every single service performed at Lexus, religiously, from rolling off the lot until a month ago. While I did not specifically see any mention of AHC service, I already figured I'd do the AHC flush on whichever vehicle I bought.

The owner of the higher mileage one was meticulous - to the extend of paying Lexus to handle rock chips and paint scratches on more than one occasion. They had it at the dealer for regular maintenance every 7 - 10k miles. They did do the 60k mile service, but the service notes on Lexus.com do not specifically mention the AHC system.

A lot of dealers don't want to do AHC anyway. Even when they do, you can't be sure it was done properly. At 111K, I would replace accumulators and fluid for peace of mind. You will be out of pocket about 3K for a full 120K baseline service, I would try and use that as a negotiating factor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom