QUESTION ON DESMOG OF STOCK FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Your stock carb works best. It does not need to be modified. If your carb has never been rebuilt, this would be a great time to send it in to Jim. I dizzy recurve is recommended, but I’ve gone thousands of miles on my stock dizzy.

Here’s everything you need

Desmog Parts List

From Manafre

EGR Block Off Plates

25601-INPLATE - 2F intake Block off plate with PCV port ($21.95)

25628-INTAKE - Inlet gasket ($19.99)

——————————

From Jim Chenoweth

fj40jim@gmail.com

To order: Send PayPal to Jim with note that includes the parts you need. His PayPal address is the email above.

Desmog Parts Kit #2 ($10 plus S&H)

-6 allen head plugs for AIR port in head

-2 allen plugs for the BVSV(s) in t-stat housing

pair of black hi-temp vinyl 22 & 25mm caps for air cleaner hose barbs

Additional parts from Jim

-EGR block-off plate ($30 plus S&H)

-OEM EGR gasket (25628-61060) $15

——————————

From McMaster-Carr

High temp silicone vacuum hose

McMaster-Carr

5041K22 - 40 feet

5041K741 - 10 feet
This is a great list. I'm about ready to take the plunge to desmog my 84. Can anyone clarify the pros and cons of getting the EGR block off plate from Jim C. vs manafre? Do I want the fitting to hook up the pcv valve from manafre?

I would go with Jim's again since that's all the experience I have using. (FYI: I've used it (3) times.)

The Exhaust manifold portion can be a bear if you don't remove it from the vehicle. Start hitting it with penetrating oil now. As for the block off on the intake manifold, I used Jim's custom turned brass block off nut. A smooth plate might look better but I was happy to keep the large vacuum port for the PCV.

The MAF blockoff plate retains the PCV valve, whereas Jim’s does not.

D9DB8EAE-DE7C-4D1D-95E6-7280969E10F9.jpeg

I would go with Jim's again since that's all the experience I have using. (FYI: I've used it (3) times.)

The Exhaust manifold portion can be a bear if you don't remove it from the vehicle. Start hitting it with penetrating oil now. As for the block off on the intake manifold, I used Jim's custom turned brass block off nut. A smooth plate might look better but I was happy to keep the large vacuum port for the PCV.
Isn't it manafre block off the one that keeps the port?

Plug for the win.

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom