Question for CO 80 owners (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

Today i tried to get my 80 emissions tested and registered but after i waited in line for over an hour the guys at the station in Boulder told me that my tires were to big but couldnt tell me if they were too tall or too wide they just kept saying too big. So my question is, are there any emissions station CO residents have tried that will test your truck if your running 315's or bigger? My current tires are 315's for the record.

Around here if they can't do a rolling test they will simply do the idle test. I've had mine on the rollers for e-testing and they didn't say anything. But I'm in Canada eh.

I had mine tested on the awd rollers at the air care place in Littleton. It's south of county line about 1/4mile on Colorado ave.

No issues with 315s. It's not really a diameter thing but more of an issue of the tires fitting inside the guide rollers width wise. If the tires try to climb out they cancel the test.

I had mine tested on the awd rollers at the air care place in Littleton. It's south of county line about 1/4mile on Colorado ave.

No issues with 315s. It's not really a diameter thing but more of an issue of the tires fitting inside the guide rollers width wise. If the tires try to climb out they cancel the test.

they out my truck on the AWD rollers then set the guides and then said the tires were to wide...the rollers even went all the way around the tire. well i might have to look for someone to trade me tires for a day or try another emissions center tomorrow.

Lotsa guys with 315s have smaller emissions tires to avoid this problem. Post up on the rising sun forum for local help

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD at 85mph in an FJ40

I do believe here on the front range the Air ( i don't) Care stations post the rules. One being the tire can't be larger than 34 inches.
I always had issues with my FJ60 on 35's. Some years they would test it, other years they would not. I would try 3 different sniff stations and every time it was different. Depended on who was working that day I guess?
I found if I over inflated the tires they would not hop out of the rollers as much. A few times I had to put 30 inchers on to get through that BS.

Good luck

devo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom