Purchase help - 05 lx 470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi everyone,

First time poster and also new to the Land Cruiser world. I have been steered here by my brother in law who has a 2007 LC and I absolutely fell in love with it. He has been helping me find a 100 series LC or LX 470. I recently found this one and have already test driven it and given it a quick once over. I am meeting with the seller tomorrow with my brother in law who is a mechanic and will check it out again with me.

Anyway - It is a one owner, typical rich guy scenario, driven as a private company car for the CEO, always taken to lexus dealership, lots of maintenance records. Appears to have been meticulously maintained. Car is near flawless on the inside, and is in very good shape on the outside considering it's a life long Michigan truck. It has 254,000 miles and is ready for the TB/WP to be changed. as well the HHC serviced. No leaks, drives incredible, suspension works.

Seller is represented by his secretary, she is the one that sells "all his old cars". Seller stated they are ready to move it because it sat for so long because they priced it at 16,000K. Price is now 12,900 and she wants an offer. Seller and I drew up a quick contract, gave her 200 dollar deposit, refundable if I don't buy the car, pending inspection and TB requirement.

Seller understands a full price offer is not coming because of the needed upcoming maintenance it requires and the fact that is does half 1/4 million miles.

Price is now 12,900. If all checks well I am thinking of offering 9K, cash on the spot.

12,900 is not happening and seller knows it. I believe I can grab this for 10, 10.5K.

Thoughts??

Last edited:
Michigan rust???

I suggest you post here if you want 100 series technical forum inputs, or this thread will be banished to the Classifieds.

$10k ish sounds reasonable for an aesthetically clean, reasonably well maintained, 05LX with that mileage, pending a very thorough inspection for rust and verification of properly functioning AHC and Brake systems. Getting the truck on a lift to inspect is my recommendation. Besides the obvious places to look for rust like the body, sills, and frame pay special attention to the area where the passenger side sway bar link connects to the frame. It's prone to rust there due to the air con drain dripping on it from above. The rear AC lines, AHC suspension lines, and brake lines, are also prone to failure from rust. Spend some time reading threads on the AHC system, brake system, heater T's, and general maintenance. Take a look at this video done by a Land Cruiser expert mechanic and forum member for PPI of a 100 series.
Good Luck

$10k ish sounds reasonable for an aesthetically clean, reasonably well maintained, 05LX with that mileage, pending a very thorough inspection for rust and verification of properly functioning AHC and Brake systems. Getting the truck on a lift to inspect is my recommendation. Besides the obvious places to look for rust like the body, sills, and frame pay special attention to the area where the passenger side sway bar link connects to the frame. It's prone to rust there due to the air con drain dripping on it from above. The rear AC lines, AHC suspension lines, and brake lines, are also prone to failure from rust. Spend some time reading threads on the AHC system, brake system, heater T's, and general maintenance. Take a look at this video done by a Land Cruiser expert mechanic and forum member for PPI of a 100 series.
Good Luck

Thank you so much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom