Public Access Roads? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
scale-speed.com
I was curious if there are any public access roads open this time of year? I want to be able to just go out for a drive with the kids and take them "wheeling" with out having to go to rausch creek. Just some fire road type stuff or light snow wheeling.

Have you been to Michaux State Forest? I don't think that is closed in the winter. You won't find anything more than stone/dirt roads but it's a nice place for some hiking and solitude. (Look for Ridge Road and it's offshoots)

Bald Eagle is probably the other best/closest option.

Purple Lizards has good maps for both of them.

Have you been to Michaux State Forest? I don't think that is closed in the winter. You won't find anything more than stone/dirt roads but it's a nice place for some hiking and solitude. (Look for Ridge Road and it's offshoots)

Bald Eagle is probably the other best/closest option.

Purple Lizards has good maps for both of them.
i raced mtb back in the day at michaux. i was told that closes.
I really just wanted to hit some fire roads and show the kids something other than damn video games. i really dont feel like buying a rausch membership because i barely get there. its also an hour and a half ride to get there.

I think this link will work: 4 E Locust St to 30 Pine Grove Rd

Ridge Road from Mt. Holly Springs down to 30. Easy gravel road, but out through the hills and could be a bit interesting with snow. I'm pretty sure it is open year round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom