PTO Winch Won't Engage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Same here. I think that if the cable were run the opposite way the winch would only pull in reverse gear, which would be a bit counterproductive.

20170613_190425.jpg

Thanks for the quick replies! Any idea why the PTO would be "backward" from most modern electric winches?

One potential reason would be to raise the height of the spool to compensate for how low the winch sits because of the driveshaft geometry. :meh:

Coupled with that the gearing in the PTO would dictate a certain spool direction, otherwise there would have to be an extra idle gear in the PTO unit or the worm gear direction would have to be changed.

Hi, any ine who can point me into the right direction.

My pto winch is slipping with gear noise under heavy load only.

Checked the bronze gear in the winch and all splines on the drive shaft. All ok.

Any thing in the pto it self that can strip but still function normal under light load.

Any maintenance you should be doing to the PTO winch ? Mine is only working in drive not reverse any suggestions ?

Any maintenance you should be doing to the PTO winch ? Mine is only working in drive not reverse any suggestions ?

Do you have a forward/reverse/disengage PTO selector? Most 70 series just have engage/disengage & you select reverse in the transmission.

Maintenance is pretty minimal, check the oil level in the gearbox when you do a diff oil change, I spray the dog clutch liberally with WD40 while shifting it now & then, I have found grease on that picks up crap & gets sticky to the point of jamming up. You could also take off the non-drive end bracket & give the shaft a grease there.

Cheers
Clint

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom