PTO winch with R151F gearbox (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys. I have a BJ 70 with 3b diesel. It came with a PTO winch which I really like. Very powerful. Got me out of many stucky situations without breaking a sweat.

Now that my engine is kinda taking its last breaths, I want to swap with 1HZ turbo diesel. But I also want to keep the winch setup by not replacing the gearbox.

Mechanic says you can mate 1HZ with H55f gearbox by simply changing the bell housing.

Some questions:

1. Is it that simple to mate 1hz with 3b gearbox by just replacing the bell housing?

2. If I keep the same gearbox, do I need to change the rear diff as well to get better take of speed.

3. In case I swap the whole thing, 1hz engine with gearbox, can I mount PTO winch on it or not?

The 1HZ can be bolted to the H55f, but it will require a different input shaft as well as bellhousing. The PTO for the winch actually comes off the transfer case, which is the same for both models, so if you do end up using the R151f you can just swap the PTO components to the new transfer case or just swap the whole transfer case. The transmission output/transfer input shaft is probably different between the two also, but that should be fairly easy to swap over.

Awesome. Will check the shaft when I do the swap. Will replace it if needed.

Be aware that it is not possible to swap easily the shaft of the gear box !
This. If the H55f is anything like the R151F, the entire transmission and transfer case will need to be disassembled to replace the input shaft.

So instead, if I swap 1hz with its own transmission, can I install the PTO on the new gearbox?

Trying so hard cuz I don't want to go with electric winch.

So instead, if I swap 1hz with its own transmission, can I install the PTO on the new gearbox?

Trying so hard cuz I don't want to go with electric winch.
Yes, the PTO should be completely interchangeable between the two, since they both have the same transfer case. You will have to take both transfer cases apart and swap the internal PTO components like the PTO drive gear and spacers, and possibly the shifter assembly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom