PS cooler mount location? (1 Viewer)

Where do people mount their PS coolers? And why do I see quite a few swap `kits' without the cooler? I thought they provided significant benefit.

I am thinking about getting a radiator with trans cooler built in and using it for the power steering

My buddy has a sbc with a new griffin radiator and taurus fan we just put in. Before we took it apart, the trans cooler was mounted to the front of the radiator cradle, so just behind the grill. I don't know how well it works, but we put it back there and he hasn't complained about any problems... HTH.

Poser

Oh...Durka Durka Durka.
s-Moderator
Supporting Vendor

I use two aftermarket auto tranny coolers zip tied to the inside of the grill, between the grill and the radiator. They have been there since 1997, and have been working out well.

Good luck!

-Steve

Landpimp

GOLD Star

mine is attached the rad support on the same side as the box and pump, its just a small trany cooler

Mine is attached to the driver's side fender well. I used a couple of spacers to get clearance behind it. BTW - mine is an old tranny cooler out of a tempo.

Here's mine mounted on the inside of the lower slots in the bib, probably similar to where Steve (Poser) has his mounted.

Last edited:

nuclearlemon said:
i hope it's not zip tied through the rad fins.

If you do use those zip ties, get them very tight and use the rubber cushions, otherwise it will vibrate and eat its way through your radiator.

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom