Prospeed 100 series roof rack for Landcruiser and LX470! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally installed the rack today! I am not mechanically inclined and was able to to get it done. @prospeed (Brian) was quick to respond when I had questions and the videos helped out too!
E12D8090-5E94-4A24-88F3-E5CCE178A673.jpeg
A5A7A993-994F-445C-8553-57D6CEAB50AA.jpeg

View attachment 2396012
Hey guys! Roof racks are almost ready to ship! Starting Friday round 4 GB orders will be shipping out. Please send out your final payments if you haven’t paid for it already. Thanks guys! In the mean time enjoy @overland_adventurebuilds sweet setup with his #prospeedrack

How did you get the hub covers to fit on your front wheels? A spacer of some sort? I have the same wheels and would love to figure that out. Thanks!

UPDATE!!! Group buy Round 5! I am starting another run. If you want in please DM or email me at prospeedrack@gmail.com GB will close Friday at midnight. Price is $825. 📸 @overland_adventurebuilds just added this nice RTT on top of his #prospeedrack and it looks like a perfect fit! 👍🏼
AEF8235B-882E-4468-8558-3761F8CEAFA2.jpeg

Got mine this morning, put it on in the afternoon. Took maybe 3 hours total.

Steps: Removed the factory rails, pulled out the weather strips in the rail groove, removed the rubberized spacers around the holes, loose-mounted the side bracket holders, securely mounted the side rails to the brackets, loosely mounted the crossbars, tightened the crossbars, adjusted the entire assembly for center, tightened the rail brackets, removed the front crossbar, mounted the wind deflector to it and remounted.

Only hitch was needing to add a couple of washers as spacers to the front brackets higher....to clear the glass sunroof.

I like the quality and how everything really did line right up. Really looking forward to using this thing and modifying it!

Got mine this morning, put it on in the afternoon. Took maybe 3 hours total.

Steps: Removed the factory rails, pulled out the weather strips in the rail groove, removed the rubberized spacers around the holes, loose-mounted the side bracket holders, securely mounted the side rails to the brackets, loosely mounted the crossbars, tightened the crossbars, adjusted the entire assembly for center, tightened the rail brackets, removed the front crossbar, mounted the wind deflector to it and remounted.

Only hitch was needing to add a couple of washers as spacers to the front brackets higher....to clear the glass sunroof.

I like the quality and how everything really did line right up. Really looking forward to using this thing and modifying it!

thanks bud! I’ll send you a taller spacer for the front! I see it’s happening to another but I thought it was an isolated incident but it’s not happening to all of them so I’m thinking slight variations in the roof is causing this... I run super tight clearances for aero and wind noise reduction but going up a washer length isn’t much to build into my spacers so it can easily be fixed. Give it a lil more clearance and we’re all good ☺️

Yeah, so FYI I used 2 washers thickness to get the height up probably 3/16" or better on all 4 front spacers. Once all is tightened down, it leaves a very small <1/4" gap to the center of the glass, with the front bar all the way up/back in the slots.

You know, a separate solution would be to extend the slot cuts for the front crossbar up/back just another 1/2", I bet that would do it. I don't think there are any downsides to having longer slots for the deflector crossbar.

On front spacing on my truck: I did notice that the "visual" clearance from the front side rail nose to the body "looked" slightly less than the visual clearance from the rear rail end to the body. Before I added the washers. I wasn't going to sweat it prior to seeing the sunroof clearance, and I doubt that it would be noticeable without close inspection.

Middle and rear bracket heights looked identical, just the front of mine needed attention.

I really like how you left the bracket-to-siderail holes tight, with all the final play adjustments in the bracket-to-roof bolts. I left those all loose, and had all sidebars and siderail bolts tight first, then tightened to the roof (this will force the brackets to "adjust" and soak up the tension for all alignment).

Also, for anyone reading, I did add Aviation FormAGasket to my roof bracket bolt threads for waterproofing. Looks like OEM has some green sealant on the threads, but given the age I wanted to refresh it. If I was in a seriously moist environment, I'd consider putting it on the threads + liberal application to both top and bottom spacer surfaces to completely seal the roof bolt. But that's just me.

Thanks bud for the feedback! I’m constantly looking my to improve the product and make it better for you guys. I’m already making adjustments for the next batch and I already adjusted the slots in cad to give people even more adjustments. The only downside is the top of the wind deflector will stick up slightly more past the top of the rack but it’s not noticeable unless you get up to it or if you’re running some long lumber and it sits on it but I’m gonna be adjustability and let people decide how they like it! 😊

Right on. Yeah, everyone probably has a suggestion lol. Splitting hairs, but the deflector holes could probably be elongated a bit if that top is too high. I will go have a look and see where mine ended up. Isn't CAD just the best for minor adjustments? 👍

Btw... the light bar that Brian recommends is super bright and works well~
Very pleased with the performance of it. Far outshines factory hi-beams.
(I did go over and tighten up each of the little allen screws on the lens... just in case)

...now, if Only I can get Brian to build a Pro-Speed rack for my Honda Odyssey too! haha

Btw... the light bar that Brian recommends is super bright and works well~
Very pleased with the performance of it. Far outshines factory hi-beams.
(I did go over and tighten up each of the little allen screws on the lens... just in case)

...now, if Only I can get Brian to build a Pro-Speed rack for my Honda Odyssey too! haha
Ya the light bar isn’t bad for the price! Lol I would do it if there was a demand for the odyssey lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom