Builds Project 200 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks Brian. Did you end up mounting it somewhere else? I'm not 100% convinced the center console near the MTS control is the best location, it just seemed like an obvious spot
Replying to myself for posterity in case someone else has the same question...

The blank space between the MTS knob and the ECT PWR switch is not actually blank underneath. Everything next to the transmission selector (seat heaters down to MTS) is all part of a single plastic part. The main wiring harness for that mess is DIRECTLY underneath that blank spot.

Sorry I don't have a photo but that's where I wanted to put mine, however when we got the center console apart we discovered it wasn't possible. Since all my blanks are currently in use, and I didn't want to then go through the effort of converting them to an spod, we ended up putting mine in the spot where the phone holder is under the ashtray. Really it's fine since modern phones (iPhone X and newer) don't really fit correctly in this spot anyway

1616789049554.png

285/75R18 Nitto Terra Grappler G2 Tires... $191 each. They will arrive this week... now to decide on which OEM wheel.

old thread, but that's a 360 dollar tire now....oof.

sweet build!

Hi , I found this thread and I’m trying to do the same conversion ,however when I’m trying to connect the original KDSS sway bar linkage to the LCA on the passenger side it seems like it won’t connect right , did you use a different linkage part or different sway bar to is it all LC200 original?

You can make it work with the original linkage. It will be at an extreme angle. I tried the tundra linkage but it broke, so I went back to the cruiser one. Making heim joint links is the better path.

You can make it work with the original linkage. It will be at an extreme angle. I tried the tundra linkage but it broke, so I went back to the cruiser one. Making heim joint links is the better path.
I really appreciate your response !
This extreme angle is what I got , I was afraid it will break , so would you recommend to switch to the outside of the end bar?

I don't thinknyou can make it work on the outside of the bar without going to an aftermarket link.

I think I used the BDS, but cut them to stock length

I think I used the BDS, but cut them to stock length
Good to know. I’ve seen someone else who had them and had to grind it down a bit to clear their tie rod nut

I don’t have the tundra conversion, but I looked at them for use with the kdss relo kit. Wasn’t sure they’d work for me and ultimately decided $100 every 100k miles to replace the factory end links was just a maintenance item.

So with the BDS link I guess it would be much stronger but stiil be in an extreme angle, right?

So with the BDS link I guess it would be much stronger but stiil be in an extreme angle, right?
I don't know that they're stronger. In fact based on @TexAZ's comment they may be weaker. But they are adjustable length. and rotation

For adjustable with heim joints, you might look at Total Chaos. My gut says they will be the best aftermarket option around

To be honest I'd love to try the TC ones on my LC with KDSS relo but no Tundra swap, but I can't quite bring myself to drop $300 on them. My understanding is that heim joints transfer more impacts and noise through your suspension and wear faster unless you routinely lubricate them.

The factory tundra links have a bend that make it easier to install on the passenger side. The BDS links are waaay bigger.

The winters and road salt have taken their toll on Project 200, so it is time to pass it on, check the classifieds.

It almost received plow duty, but decided the 1/2 mile uphill plow on a Vermont Class 4 road would be a bit eaiser with some extra wheel base and weight. Spared by a 2012 Tundra regular cab long bed w/ Work Truck Package - old school vinyl floor liner w/ manual hand crank windows and locks. No push button unlock beeping alarm crap. 93k miles and clean enough underneath, some typical bed rot which is easily repaired…. Plus it’s lightly based on the 200 platform.
9C29C04D-EE1B-4C25-BD8F-2F6A00661717.jpeg
D42188AD-4977-456F-B8E6-78B0954535A7.jpeg
CCB55778-C286-4A26-B9A2-B2C876A3344A.jpeg

The winters and road salt have taken their toll on Project 200, so it is time to pass it on, check the classifieds.

It almost received plow duty, but decided the 1/2 mile uphill plow on a Vermont Class 4 road would be a bit eaiser with some extra wheel base and weight. Spared by a 2012 Tundra regular cab long bed w/ Work Truck Package - old school vinyl floor liner w/ manual hand crank windows and locks. No push button unlock beeping alarm crap. 93k miles and clean enough underneath, some typical bed rot which is easily repaired…. Plus it’s lightly based on the 200 platform.
View attachment 3485829View attachment 3485830View attachment 3485832
Beauty. We have one tundra with the 8 feet bed, and we have a regular cab tundra shorty = which is pretty rare as well.

Brian, your work on project 200 was an inspiration for many of the mods that really projected the 200s into off road capable rigs.
I'm loving my rig with 270k on the tundra swapped front and oversized brakes.
Thanks for your experiments and research.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom