Problems with OEM headlight housing fixture (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.marklowimagery.com
I have upgraded my lamps with tHella Xenon but cant seem to get the lights aimed correctly. It was a problem before but now that I have upgraded, I am more set on getting them properly set. I have replaced the Right side housing about one year ago beacuse of stone damage, actually the dealership did the replacement Well that is the one I seem to be having trouble with. The drivers side adjusts fine and both the high and low beams shoot in the same direction. Actually, the high beam is horizontally aligned with the low beams and slightly higher or above. The right side though, the low beam and high beam are out of wack. The low seems to be aiming right but the high shoots high and right of the low beam. Since there is only two adjustments, vertical and horizontal for each side, there must be something inside the actual housing of the right side that is out of alignment.

Is there any way to independently adjust the low and high on the same fixture?

Perhaps the bulbs are not seated properly in the housing.

The adjusters move both beams the same direction - all you're doing is moving the reflector assembly (the shiny silvery part that determines the aim of the beam). Dan's on the likely scenario - the right side bulb may not have seated properly. I've also personally seen low grade replacement bulbs where the filament was slightly too close or too far away from the base, which totally destroys the beam pattern. The pattern relies on an extremely tight tolerance for filament placement and I stick with the top brands for aftermarket bulbs as there's a lot of trash out there now that the US motoring public has developed an insatiable thirst for whatever color bulb they can find....

IdahoDoug

[quote author=cruiserdan link=board=2;threadid=5711;start=msg45367#msg45367 date=1064631402]
Perhaps the bulbs are not seated properly in the housing.
[/quote]

Thanks C Dan... I checked the seats and found that the right one was different from the left (good side), so I turned the plug assembly and reinstalled it and it seems to corrected the problem.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom