presentation and brake issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi to all, my name in Juan I live in Bolivia. I watched the forum for some time, in some occasion wrote in the forum fj100, recently acquired my first FJ40 land cruiser year 1977 and the first since I have it are headaches, my brakes were loosing fluid on the wellso I decided to change all the brake well cylinders , set the drums (adjust) bleed them all but zero brake pedal to the floor:mad:, the master cylinder was not the original so I decided to change a new one but the olnly one i found there was one that is 1 inch in diameter change it but still pedal the floor i bleed and bleed the tires as well as the master cylinder ( bench bleed) but nothing please help what am doing wrong?

Who is pushing the pedal and who is operating the valve? .
Se habla espanol aqui.

i am at the valves and a friend is at the brakes pedal :)

It was a little tough to follow your post, but here are some things that might help:

Bench bleed the master cylinder- Make sure to do this until absolutely all bubbles disappear. This can take a long time (sometimes 8 minutes or so) Make sure you are pushing in the master cylinder valve all the way. Tons of air can hide in a new master cylinder.

Then bleed all four wheels. Start at the furthest away and move to the closest. Make sure to not let any air to get sucked back into the lines.

If you still have problems after that, it could be a couple of things.

Pump the brake pedal several times. If the pedal gets firm and does not go to the floor anymore, then you have air in the system. If it continues to go to the floor, then you probably have another problem.

There may be a leak in somewhere that is pulling air back into the system. Check all the connections carefully.

You may have just got a bad master cylinder too. It is not that uncommon to get a bad master from the parts store. The master cylinder can have a leak internally that will make the pedal go to the floor. In this case you will not see any fluid leaking and you won't notice any air bubbles when bleeding.

Hope it helps :)

I filled my wheel cylinders manually before bleeding, read about doing it here. I did not have to fill them. I had the brake shoes off, so I pulled the top plunger off each wheel cylinder and gravity filled them up from the master cylinder, but I read others filled them from the brake fluid bottle then push the plunger back in and clean up and re assemble the shoes. Then bleed as normal. I did this after reading many people having problems getting the wheel cylinders to bleed properly.

i talk to a mechanic and he thinks that the problem in the master cylinder that the 1'' is not sending the right pressure.
today i use a couple of pliyers and crim the ruberd house (front banck) and the brake pedal won't move at all so i think that my problem is air in the well cylinders, but the way am bleeding whit the hoes all the way ajust

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom