Prebuilt 200 build (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thank you will order those up!

Albeit I have no idea what to do with those, or how they work on a roof rack, but ordered!

TLDR: I'm definitely not the pioneer of this tip....here's a thread on it. (I didn't think to post the thread until i wrote the below)

So the "nut" that falls into the roof is really a plate/bracket that has 2 nuts in it. Each rack mount point has two bolts that thread into these nut plates (plates are under roof channel and bolts are above). You need to break loose each bolt before unthreading either. 9 times out of 10, just breaking each bolt loose before you unthread will keep you from losing the bracket into the headliner. As a safety measure, you can get both bolts close to out and then once you pull the first out, thread in the above stud into the nut plate. This will give you a "handle" so you can't lose the nut plate after you remove the second bolt. Being a stud, you can then just slide over whatever you are replacing the rack with.

If you are going for a delete, something like this would be the OEM way. This is what is up there in the unused spot on your LC, you need 3 more pairs to replace the 3 mount spots for the current rails. But I suspect a nice M8 rubber washer and some M8 bolts that fits in the channel and a little flexible sealant would also do the trick. The link provided says it's for a GX, I think that all the BOF Toyota SUVs use the same part, might want to verify. I listed that one because it was the correct number of brackets needed.

Last edited:
TLDR: I'm definitely not the pioneer of this tip....here's a thread on it. (I didn't think to post the thread until i wrote the below)

So the "nut" that falls into the roof is really a plate/bracket that has 2 nuts in it. Each rack mount point has two bolts that thread into these nut plates (plates are under roof channel and bolts are above). You need to break loose each bolt before unthreading either. 9 times out of 10, just breaking each bolt loose before you unthread will keep you from losing the bracket into the headliner. As a safety measure, you can get both bolts close to out and then once you pull the first out, thread in the above stud into the nut plate. This will give you a "handle" so you can't lose the nut plate after you remove the second bolt. Being a stud, you can then just slide over whatever you are replacing the rack with.

If you are going for a delete, something like this would be the OEM way. This is what is up there in the unused spot on your LC, you need 3 more pairs to replace the 3 mount spots for the current rails. But I suspect a nice M8 rubber washer and some M8 bolts that fits in the channel and a little flexible sealant would also do the trick. The link provided says it's for a GX, I think that all the BOF Toyota SUVs use the same part, might want to verify. I listed that one because it was the correct number of brackets needed.
Excellent, thank you very much for the assist. Will order the roof rack delete kit

@clrussell sorry for cluttering up your thread

Excellent, thank you very much for the assist. Will order the roof rack delete kit

@clrussell sorry for cluttering up your thread

Shoot clutter away. I don’t mind at all. I should probably post in here more..

Currently getting setup for a Montana trip this weekend/ next week.

077AD107-F08D-4694-8FC8-64571D6C6EA2.jpeg

694589B7-4B4D-4712-922B-FDF7EBD2BA28.jpeg

Wish I could be in MT with you. We were just there in Missoula/Flathead/Helena. We will be back in Dec again.

Left work Friday Sept 8th 4pm, back home Sunday Sept 17th 6pm. 4105 miles total, every night in the tent minus Saturday the 16th, slept 30 min at a rest stop on the way home.

4 adults, 2 toddlers (19month, 21 months)

Great adventure, great views. 0 problems. Alot
Of fuel (10-11mpg average). Towed my trailer all but 100 miles of the trip. Up to 245k miles now.

Ran harder than I wanted to, as I wanted fo
Slow down life for a few days. But zero regrets.

D1D7D322-F65C-4CBE-9C7F-0036AA24E0EB.jpeg

1310FAB5-2D87-4B79-B287-BB6013F2B169.jpeg

5D8F0DC6-4B47-4B60-81AF-D1E3DC6485CC.jpeg

7F6E5E44-4BAE-4EF0-8343-D159413787B1.jpeg

B7F76D8D-C3E1-425F-949D-4B2BC720B1EB.jpeg

Man it’s been a minute since I’ve updated here. But I haven’t done a thing other than oil changes and tire rotations. Washed it a few times.

Today I finnnally put new oem headlights in. I can’t wait to drive it at night. It’s amazing how much a new set of headlights will update a vehicle.

Up to 261k now. Needs an oil change next week.

No trips planned currently. I was hoping for Moab this fall but that might not happen due to a Maine trip where we will probably take the tundra.

E49F0347-6C73-4D98-9FAE-5F400EC36CEC.jpeg

231E2C46-4499-4C62-9F9E-471E8F072984.jpeg

CA46652B-C9C2-4226-B814-41413B8C197E.jpeg

822FD0D6-C861-458C-AAD0-2C8BB626AFEE.jpeg

Love what you’ve done with this 200. I was considering it when it was for sale, it’s in much better hands with you.

I am in St. Louis- we should wheel sometime!

I’ve got a lx570 and black 100 as well.

Love what you’ve done with this 200. I was considering it when it was for sale, it’s in much better hands with you.

I am in St. Louis- we should wheel sometime!

I’ve got a lx570 and black 100 as well.
Man anytime. Other than like 28 days a month when we have other things going 😂

I think our next vehicle will be a 570 for her.

When I lived in St Louis 2 years I didn't know any off roaders.. so I hung with my sports car crew. .. @krice118
Definitely more sports cars than wheelers.

With 2 little ones I’m a pavement king….

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom