Pre-oiler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys I was talk to Cruiserdan today while I was ordering some more parts ...my LX 450 still has that morning rattle ... seems to be a common thing in the colder areas , I was wondering if any of you guys ever installed a Pre-oiler to build up pressure before you fire up your engine .
My buddy is a amsoil dealer ...I have the by pass filters on all my diesels ...I have cummins truck that has a 1/2 million miles on and runs like new .
He has a pre-oiler that would pressurize the engine to 35psi before you crank the engine over ...it's just there not cheap .
Thanks
Greg:cheers:

Don't read of many gas engines wearing out crank bearings or camshaft bearings. That being the case, what would a pre oiler buy you? Seems to me that cylinder / piston / ring wear is going to determine when you need to rebuild. Pre oiler doesn't help there, does it?

Gregory Hysock said:
Hi guys I was talk to Cruiserdan today while I was ordering some more parts ...my LX 450 still has that morning rattle ... seems to be a common thing in the colder areas , I was wondering if any of you guys ever installed a Pre-oiler to build up pressure before you fire up your engine .
My buddy is a amsoil dealer ...I have the by pass filters on all my diesels ...I have cummins truck that has a 1/2 million miles on and runs like new .
He has a pre-oiler that would pressurize the engine to 35psi before you crank the engine over ...it's just there not cheap .
Thanks
Greg:cheers:
I have seen pre-lube on big industrial engines but not on trucks. How much does the system cost and what parts are included? It's also nice if there's a crank case heater that heats up the oil before it circulates. :)

Last edited:
Seems like if you pull your ECM fuse and crank your enging for about 10 seconds you build up oil pressure .
The timing chain tenshioner is controled by oil presure , so after cranking the motor over for 10 seconds put the fuse back in and theres no cold start rattle .
Thats telling me it's a pressure related issue , I don't know if I'm going to be the first guy to buy one of these pre-oilers ...there not cheap ...around 400 bucks .
I may just build a omron timer to delay the start of the engine ...
Later

Greg

Pre-Oilers were discussed here (post 15) and here, perhaps others. You can make your own but it must always be mounted vertically.

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom