Prayers; thoughts; encouragement (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry to hear it Steve. Prayers for you and your family.

Hey folks, first off, this may get a little soft, and for that I apologize, but that's what this thread is for I suppose.

Now with that out of the way I want to say a big thank you to all of you who put up with me inserting myself into your side of the world when I was just a name on a screen, and then for showing me and my better half such wonderful hospitality over the years. I am glad to know all of you.

So now to the meat and potatoes as they say. I'd like to ask all of you to keep my niece in your thoughts and prayers. She is 10 and has been at Vanderbilt Children's for going on 2 weeks in the pediatric cardiac ICU and today we got word that she is being placed on the heart transplant list. How we got here is a longer story than my thumbs have the energy for tonight. I can elaborate more when I'm at a proper keyboard. Anyway she's had a rough go as her father (my ex-BIL) whom she adored, died last fall from a fall down some stairs. To say she's had a rough few months might literally be the understatement of the year. She is doing very well and is receiving care from some of the best doctors in the world. Kid just got dealt a bad hand. So I'd ask for your prayers and well wishes for her and for my sister who is having to manage all this, and my folks who are struggling to hold it together too.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

-Matthew

I will have your niece and your family in my prayers. Seeing your child at the edge is one of the most difficult things that can possibly happen to you as a parent. Prayer and the support of your family and friends are the only things that get you through each day. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Matthew, saying prayers for her.

Thanks guys. She is doing well, now they just have to wait for the call.

Ok Cottonland, keep the prayers and Good vibes coming. They have a heart and this is about to go down. Doctor said never in his career has he had this happen, but she went on the list today and within hours he got the call. Again, thank you all. I'll keep everyone posted.

Ladies and Gentlemen, thank you all from the bottom of my heart. We are not in the full clear, but are on the road to recovery. It has been a wild few days.

As noted above, they got the call yesterday that a heart had become available. I want to stop here and make a sincere thanks to whomever that is and their family. For in order for my niece to have this new heart, it means that someone else is having to say goodbye to a loved one and that fact is not lost on myself or anyone in my family, so to the donor's family, we say a special prayer of comfort and thanks.

That said, she went in around 5:30 this morning, the heart arrived somewhere around 7:30 +/- and by 11:30 the Dr was in the waiting room talking to my sister. It has been relayed that he said it was a very boring surgery, which he said was exactly how he wanted it to be. He said that everything we perfectly and that the new heart fit well and they were able to get everything connected back up and get her fully closed up with no issues. I spoke to my mom about 30 minutes ago and they had just let my sister and BIL go back to see her. They are going to leave her on the ventilator til in the morning and then will take her off that and probably start backing her off any remaining ancillary support devices.

If you would have told any of us that when she went in for her arthritis check up, that 15 days later she would a new heart, I would have laughed in your face, but the good Lord works in ways that none of us will ever be able to comprehend. We sincerely appreciate every thought, prayer, or general nod that was made on her behalf and would appreciate your continued thoughts and prayers as she starts this new chapter of recovery. We are just glad that she will be with us for many years to come.

Great news. Continued prayers...

Brief update. Again thank you to everyone who said an extra prayer for us the past few weeks. My Niece was released from thw hospital on Thursday and her and my sister are staying with a family friend in West Nashville right now. (Gotta stay within 15-20 minutes of the hospital for the next 6 weeks)

She is doing very well and everything is on the good side of life right now. Sister said ahe perked up a lot when they got to leave. Should get over to see them in a day or 2.

Again, thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

That’s Awesome News! Praying for a speedy recovery free of any complications.

Send your thoughts CLC family....

just got done with back surgery.

time for recovery and rehab so I can make it to next year’s Crawl. :)

You all have a great time...

D7CDD524-B998-4128-B576-47A13527AD4D.jpeg

suck it up buttercup.
see you next year #fallrisk

Get better bud! Enjoy the meds, then back to reality!

Everybody keep @Bodean , Lori and Neely in your thoughts. Lori's dad pasted away last night after a long illness.

Hey everyone..... just asking for good vibes sent our way- please! Heathers dad hasn’t had good luck medically recently. And been in hospital for about week and half, then has to have a small heart procedure done Thursday.
During all this, her mom, since all of her medical issues for last few years has to have surgery for past issue that has complications from surgeries past.

Folks, I have to say honestly, her parents are more of parents than anyone would be lucky enough to ever have. They treat me and have welcomed me in as a son.
Just want good thoughts for them.
Thanks!

Quick update- heathers dad is all good. Procedure done and he came out fine. Night for observation then home tomorrow.
Thanks folks, it’s working!!!
Now Heathers moms surgery on 28th, that’s gonna be the one we need good vibes and prayers for.

To everyone, thanks for your friendship, prayers, and being apart of our cruiser family. Times like this everyone counts and is appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom