Prado/ GX470 ARB Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I found a link belowfor ARB Front Bull Bar Winch Bumper for about $1,200.00 w/ shipping. Good deal I think!
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3542/3383647112_0094444f87.jpg?v=0

3383647112_0094444f87.jpg

lexwoody,

It does not sound like a bad deal. I would check some local fabricators and see if they could build something custom. You will need to make some mods to get it to fit properly. I think the front end is a little different.

TexGX

Do you have a local fabricator that can adapt the bumper for the GX? AFAIK the Prado bumper will not be a bolt on for the GX, and will require quite a bit of work to make it fit. Just FYI.

I think it will fit except you will have to cut a lot off the plastic fender flares. just my guess

I think that style wouod look better on the 4R as well. The current ARB for the 4R looks as if it's leaning a little forward due to the way the headlight sweep back to the hood.

Did you find that in OZ?

Last edited:
Let us know how it pans out.

My understanding was that it will require quite a bit of work to make it fit on the GX (trimming, bracket modifications, etc).

Dude i want this bar so badly. Post pics after you put it on! Ive been working on my "trail lex" too. What did you do for the rear suspension? I relocated my rideheight sensors to gain an extra few inches in the back but id rather do a coil-spring conversion. Do you know of anyone who has done it yet?

DSC01078.jpg

DSC01082.jpg

Dude i want this bar so badly. Post pics after you put it on! Ive been working on my "trail lex" too. What did you do for the rear suspension? I relocated my rideheight sensors to gain an extra few inches in the back but id rather do a coil-spring conversion. Do you know of anyone who has done it yet?

DSC01078.jpg

DSC01082.jpg

Nothing yet to the suspension. I going to do a 2.5 Daystars and adjust the rear height sensor 1 or 1.5 inches.

If you are looking to change the air suspension for coils, it is possible. I did the read of my 4runner. I have a writeup on T120. Same user name

Makes me miss my GX. Having soft, flexible suspension is the only thing that kept me from wheeling it like my old Rover Disco.

DSC01078.jpg

DSC01082.jpg
You look like your in HI. what island are you on. I have a GX470. I want to know how you did that lift, tires. I like that look!!

That is killer. My parents picked up a GX, after listening to my talk of how much I love my cruiser, and it made me want a GX as well. Interested to hear a report after you get a few thousand miles on the lift.

Installed the ARB Prado 120 series Winch Bumper

P1030583.jpg

P1030584.jpg

P1030586.jpg

killer. looks super happy lol. did you trim the fenders?

Any plans on lighting?

killer. looks super happy lol. did you trim the fenders?

Any plans on lighting?

Had to trim the fenders straight across. Lights are coming later. 2 on bumper, 2 front of rack, 2 rear of rack, and 1 unity work light on rear right side of rack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom