PowerGate is Installed! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

spressomon

glutton
SILVER Star
Threads
Got my PowerGate 82 installed tonight along with my second battery kit. Time will tell...but the PowerGate is a lightweight & compact unit (thanks Scott!). My my new fridge/freezer should arrive next week...that will be a good test of the second battery circuit along with the PowerGate.
powergate2.jpg

Greg,

PowerGate is an new tech isolator (and a isolator/combiner is available) from Mobi-Arc. I will let Scott at Mobi-Arc tell you all about it...basically it does not operate as a heat sink; no moving parts; compact size; etc.

how much did you pay?

$295 for this model ("82")...this model is just an isolator, not an isolator/combiner (IC is also available).

What amp and why just the isolator and not the isolator combiner? Does just the isolator not allow you to jump one battery to the other if you have a dead one?

Thanks for the info - Greg

Wow, it finally made it to the production stage! That's great.

Looks good Dan. Man you are moving at lightning speed modifying your truck.

fjoakley said:
What amp and why just the isolator and not the isolator combiner? Does just the isolator not allow you to jump one battery to the other if you have a dead one?

Thanks for the info - Greg

I wanted to keep it as simple as possible. So my thinking is if I need to jump my main battery from the second battery, in the hopefully rare occasion, I'll just use my jumper cables...which I carry with me all the time anyway. This saves me a couple bucks, time for wiring in a dash switch and results in a simpler design. I am sure there are others that would opt for the isolator/combiner (which is also offered in the PowerGate).

Augie said:

Hey Augie...I was looking at the electrical diagram (with the help of someone smarter than me about these things at work) you sent me: I ended up bridging the two wires at the t-case D5 Detection Switch for the T-case Low position, so that this switch is always on/hot. It looks like this will work too.

Thank you for all your input and assistance!

Augie said:

No kids at home now :D

any update on performance of the powergate?

Works as promised without any problem. I would do it again the same way :)

I can't seem to locate power-gate on their site anymore.. did it get discontinued?

siglo said:
I can't seem to locate power-gate on their site anymore.. did it get discontinued?

siglo, did you e-mail Scott at Mobi-Arc about this? It's strange they do not have any info or mention of PowerGate on their website anymore!

Strange indeed..

I was considering replacing my blue sea ACR with their IC version of power-gate.. what I like about the blue sea ACR is that with a flick of a switch I can remove it completely from the circuit for heavy winching.. I am not sure if that is possible with the power-gate..

siglo said:
Strange indeed..

I was considering replacing my blue sea ACR with their IC version of power-gate.. what I like about the blue sea ACR is that with a flick of a switch I can remove it completely from the circuit for heavy winching.. I am not sure if that is possible with the power-gate..

siglo, dont't know but Scott (at Mobi-Arc) would...give him a call he was really helpful to me when I made my decision (and also was helpful with installation assistance over the phone). The only thing I can think of is the Powergate is designed to "isolate" your main battery to prevent what might actually occur if drawing from both batteries in your "heavy winching" situations...

If you are operating the winch with motor running...any decent battery is going to give you a minimum of 650amps (probably more)...assuming heavy guage wiring, etc. Just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom